Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wonderboy

Agricola

Not to bad of a day... I had a chance to pick up my single stick Wonderboy today. I guess it is around a 1957 unit. Clinton engine I believe. The sheet metal looks pretty good, mower is in decent shape. It isn't running yet but it doesn't look too bad. Also picked up an old Wheel Horse, but that is another story.

Thats what I want for my next resto- after I finish the hot rod Broadmoor! Don't see any wobblestick Wonderboys in my area. I have a feeling I'll be loking for a while.....

I think I have too many irons in the fire but I am thinking of doing some stuff with my Broadmoor, like making a tandem rear end. With the articulating part it would work the uneven terrain left and right. I think if I put another system in to do front and back so it swivels, I might get something. I will set it so I don't have 4-wheel all the time, only when I want it. Just ideas in my head.

My uncle has an old Wobblestick Wonder-Boy, 1957 that he said I could come and take it for free when I get my new truck! He said it's complete w/ original engine and deck. I'll just have ta take a look at it, can't wait!!!

I bought a wonderboy 575 this summer.I was looking for one for a few years so I was very happy to get it.Now I found one just 10 miles away for $25 sure the hood is missing and it has the wrong engine but for $25 you can not go bad.Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Well I just recently aquired a second wonder boy, the first one is a 1962 model that was given to me, the most recnt one I purchased off e-bay for $31.00 See photos attached. the newer did not have a engine, but I had a old one saved from a old craftmens snowblower with electric start sitting around on it went. Iuse the old one now for cutting grass and the newer one for plowing in the winter. (see pics)

I sure do find it hard to believe this little guys would plow snow. With the engine way back there and my lard butt not too far ahead, I guess they would have the traction in front. Amazing little machines.

With all this talk about a plow, I might have to try a light one I have from a MF on my Wonderboy. I think the engine on my Wonderboy is a Clinton. Where are parts available for that engine?

John, not sure where you can get parts but I know they run on a briggs carb, with a wood block addaptor. Made one when I was kid for one dad got on a farm sale, used it on a homemade weedmower for years..MPH

The Guy down the road from me has a Single stick wonderboy it's pretty rough, no motor, It appeared to have electric start... He didn't want to sell it... I will try again in the spring... I always thought they were neat but didn't figure they would do much but mow.....

wonderboy update revised snowplow works great, also installed a light for night plowing (see photos)

[img]/club2/attach/harebare/trac2.jpg[/img]