Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kids name some of the tractors....

thedaddycat

The whole family was out on Sunday getting the yard ready for winter. All the bushes and flower stalks that needed it got cut, toys put away, etc.... Since I had blown the leaves into a big pile for the kids to jump in a week ago, they wouldn't just vac up since the pile was still 2' deep. That meant tractors and carts. Yes, I had to have two of them going at once. I'd take one back to dump and they'd fill the other and ride it back when I brought the first one back out front. I also had my oldest daughter steer the tractors I was towing up to the garden. It became a great game to start naming everything. The Putt Putt was already named,of course. The B-112 was christened Golden Sunshine for its bright paint. The Wonder Boy.... Old Rusty, "Because it's old and rusty, Daddy" explained my seven year old in a very serious and sincere manner. It was all I could do to keep a straight face on that one.... Have any of you been informed of your tractor's name by your kids, too?

Hi, After buying my 60' Blade last year, My son called my tractor "K.T. " or "Katie" after the Virginia Lee Burton book "Katie and the big snow". The line in the book says, "nothing could stop Katie". I guess he missed the 12 inches of wet snow : ) Ron

My 61 wards was named "Thunder Foot" after a pro wrestler. Wife and oldest son came up with the name. My first motorcycle powered pulling tractor was painted a pinkish purple which was the color of one of my daughter's hair barettes. They chose the color. They also named it "Plum Krazy" because of the color and that they thought I was crazy to put a motorcycle engine on a garden tractor.

I dont't have kids so I named my tractors myself. B10 is Ralph after the first owner. B110 is Alice it just sounded right and it goes with Ralph. 312h is Fremont because that's where the dealership was Fremont Ohio.

It wouldn't be proper to print what I have called my tractors in the past .....P.O.S. would be at the top of the list .....then followed by .....well you know what I mean ! My kids call them by their OEM name ....it's just easier that way I guess ... I have a 1982 Virago 920 cc twincylinder ,shaft driven....hhhhmmmmm see ya Jim

My wife's Dad owned an AC farm supply. Sold everything AC. He had a peddle tractor for her, and a cart to pull with it. One day she showed him what she had done with it, " WD-1" LOL