Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B series trencher?

maxtorman1234

I have a few questions about a trencher for the B series, has anybody seen them? What are they priced at? Do they still make them? Can they be adapted for a 917? Thanks

Graham the trencher is like the forklift and a few other neat tricks, I've just never seen them but they have to be out there. I keep hoping anyway! Maybe another member has laid hands on one or at least has a clue if there are any still alive. As to still being made...not a chance or I would have seen one and owned one by now I think. Now watch someone prove me wrong LOL!!! Larry

I have never seen a Hi-lo on a B-10 so don't know how slow they will go, but if your gonna run a trencher, it had better crawl ! Can't see how it could work with-out hi-lo at all unless it dug very shallow. Please post if you do find any info !

quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234
I have a few questions about a trencher for the B series, has anybody seen them?
According to the reference material in Simple trACtors there were at least two brands of trenchers for Allis / Simplicity tractors. Go here and type in "trencher" > http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/search.htm The Niessen-Inhofer "Groundsaw" was available for the B-series, and the "Bulldog" was available for the Powr'Max. At least one member (Stan Danielson) has/had a Bulldog on his Powr'Max. I have only seen one Niessen trencher, but it was retrofitted to an old Vermeer machine.
quote:
What are they priced at?
Just like any other equipment, from free on up.
quote:
Do they still make them?
I don't think so. Probably hard to find parts too.
quote:
Can they be adapted for a 917?
Why not? Just about anything can be adapted to anything if you have a big enough hammer, cutting torch, welder, and an imagination........:D

Herb, I like the way you think. I am lobbying for a water line on my road. I hope that by the time that I can get it approved and started that I can come up with a trencher to put waterlines in for folks. It would be a neat way to use the B's I have.

Larry, I've seen a couple of forklifts in back of Simplicity dealer but they were spoken for. I know I was lucky just to get a look at them. Its near impossible to find some of those implements. You see them in all the old Ads but apparently not many people bought them. Other rare implements would include the post hole digger and earthcavator. I know they're out there somewhere hiding from us!