Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trac Pull,,

dlcentral

Actually Rick, Ive talked to people around Palmer that showed a little interest in doing so, trouble is, that be a lot of 280 mile each way trips to try to organize such a deal. Maybe when I retire,haha...MPH

Marty, I don't think you will every retire, from tractors that is. As an aside I spent a summer in Alaska in the mid 80's. I spent most of my time in Homer, Kodiak, and Egegik. I think from the towns you can guess what I did for the summer. Yes I worked in the fish canneries. Beautiful country in Alaska, I really enjoyed myself. It was a long drive from Boston, Mass and back. I even drove through Tok. Rick.........

Rick, yep, if you drove up, you came through Tok, ain't no way around us. I was here then, didn't have any tractors yet, just my Troybuilt.. I spent some time slimmin' Salmon, never did spoil my taste for 'em though...I spent about a year in Homer as part of my 7 years on the Kenai Penn. Beautiful place on a clear day, just not enough of them..MPH

Hey Dave, did you go? I was there and didnt see ya. I also sewnt ya a e-mail to find out what time it started. For some reason it came back undelivered. Anyway im still in the hunt for a B-10 for the loader But price is a big issue.JK P.S. this is Jim the guy with the BIG F-350 from Pa.

So much for only Cubs being competitive, huh? It's belt driven, doesn't have a cast-iron front axle, nor are you running a 25HP engine... Hmmmm.....

What pressure are you running in your rear tires. You were really putting a mash on them. I always thought you ran higher pressures on the pulling tires? Do you use the 6" pulley on the tranny? Do you pull in 2nd or 1st. By the way, Way to Go!!! I am going to pull this coming summer. There is a group of guys that pull on a weekly basis about 30 miles from here. I am going to use the Big Ten with Original motor I think.

Interesting sled there! Quite a difference from the one we have been pulling with. It has a weight transfer box with steel weights, has pneumatically controlled spikes on the rear of pan for use with high-powered tractors. It is also self powered for return to starting line and can be steered by the sled operator with the individual wheel brakes. It weighs 8500 lb, can stop a blown mini-mod, but can also be pulled by a 900 lb stock tractor. It also has automatic measuring. Quite a machine. I'll look for some pictures.

Thanks all,for the compliments,, its a STOCK 14 koh?.Kent!lol 6" pulley NO AIR press in tires,look at pic how they wrinkle!,8 ply Titans 26X12's sidewalls hold er up and the bead dosent slip we use a vari -drive trans with a 6" pulley plain old 3 spd and pull in 1st gear,This Sim., runs like a bear in 1100 and 1200 lb weight classes the cub runs good in 900/1000 lb classes,,

Here is the sled that we usually pull. It weighs over 10,000 lbs. Self propelled and it stops the mini-rods with over 700hp V-8 engines (they can achieve speeds over 25mph). Yet the 650# off-the-lawn class can move it.