Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 'Together Again' out the door pics

MPH

Finally. Don't think I'll undertake that again if I'm not sure I have at home time enough to keep after it. To much pondering, and time spent in reverse cuz the order of assemble got mixed up. Besides, it takes the paint off the bolts too much when you gotta redo them..Got a few pic in the shop, but most of them had too much glare, so when the wheels are dry in the morning I'll take her out for pictures..MPH had to check out the 19 before i proceeded. It runs.

Front tires got robbed for the B-112 because its had egg size ballons on them, so I took the ones off the Landlord, but had to clean 'em up, so they are now drying til morning.

then there's the homeless

Marty, if you can get a clearer pic of the homeless parts maybe we can figure out where they go. The spring looks like it's the clutch pedal return spring. This one attaches to the linkage up front and to the dash frame, under the battery. There also looks to be a spacer or pivot bushing of some sort, maybe the one that goes to the rear lift? Anyhow, looking good and anxious to get her tires dirty.....

Marty,that looks great.....I can't wait to redo one of my 64 Landlords...but I need to finish the "Project Broadmoor 717"first,LOL

Looks great...i gotta find an old one to restore...(did the wife say anything about the tire/wheel assembly in the kitchen sink??) hehe 73 jay

Thanks guys.. Kirk, pretty sure your right of the spring, it was broke when I got the tractor and never seen a need for it.What is suppose to do? Also, what the adjustment looking bolt on the clutch for? Mine has always just flopped around. Maybe that flat bracket, just under the spacer, is what it kooks to,hmm never thought of that. I'll check the rear lift, that spacer and the 3-3/8x1 bolts with washer and nuts are the only real concerns I have, but I don't see any empty holes. The other nuts and washers could just be extra as I didn't count the new 1/4in and 5/16's that I painted. KenK, those lite came with it, from what I can tell in my AC book they look to be the same ones used on the B-1 with the possible exception of push button switches instead of toggle. The hood pivots on them so no new holes are needed. MPH

Jay, my Honey's pretty sweet, don't say much about what I do..

Put the newly painted up blade on, which by the way, snow rolls off of a LOT better,worth doing, and took my 'new' 725 for a trip, well several, around the driveway cleaning off the last two inch snowfall. Little carb readjust for full speed runing and she did fine. Kill switch not working, must be too much of that new paint..few outside pics...MPH

The spring helps the pedal return to normal position, near as I can tell. The bolt is your parking brake, set it so that when you put the brake on, if you flip the bolt around it holds the pedal down and the brake on. That little bracket with the offsets I think is your choke lever. I know I've seen one before, just not 100% sure. Like I said, a better pic would help me ID that stuff more definitively......

Marty, that 725 really looks great in the snow with her new coat or coats. The 3/4 rear shot is suitable for framing. Great shot of a great tractor!8D8D

Marty looks teriffic! Nice work! Except for the snow-guess winter really is coming-been in denial here, ...hoping we have a couple weeks yet to mulch leaves... The snow sure looks great up there w/those pines(firs/spruce)? What type of paint did you use? Inside pics almost looks like that Wards color you were referring to. After yours turns the page, I'll put a pic up of the Garden Mark to get a read on the color thing.

Andy, I used Dupl-color chevy orange-red DE1607. The blade I used ACE AC orange on, the difference doesn't show much in the pics but sure does in real, looks sun faded for a year. Them trees are spruce. Park brake, this things got more class then I thouht. Thanks Kirk. Choke lever was left on the cable, rear lift is tight, I'll try to get a better pic.. If you want to frame the pic Greg, I won't expect any royalties... MPH

:DNice looking job Marty!! I hate to see that white stuff, But your pics form up there always give me a touch of that old wandering twitch. ;)Sure pretty country up there.