Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC808

Wheel Horse anyone?? info?

AC808
One of my patients gave me this tractor this morning...wasting NO time, I drove there at lunch to get a pic and see exactly what it is. Any know anything about old WHs? The motor turns too easily, either the connecting rod or piston. Probably the rod im guessing. The deck is in good condition and has a hydraulic lift...Kinda cool...I was told that its about a 1969. If anyones interested in buying or maybe trading this for some SimpAC stuff let me know...Cant wait to get it home...! 73 jay

mowerman1193
If you can get the model number off the I.D. tag I can tell you what it is...You can also go to www.toro.com and go to the Master Parts Veiwer and look up parts ect..You will need that number from the tag though...

SmilinSam
Either a Charger 12 or Electro 12 would be my guess. The Charger would have a manual PTO clutch and the Electro would use a electric clutch. Its been repainted and had newer style decals put on at one time.

fuzy
It is definately a charger 12...12 hp with a sundstrand hydro in it. Their are no breakdowns on toro.com or on my partsmart lookup. If you would really need one I can print microfiche to paper and I should have microfiche on it.

SmilinSam
On the deck spindles for the pre 1973 tractors you have upper ball bearings and lower needle bearings. Don't let the needle bearing get too bad before replacement because they then oval out the lower end of the shaft housing. These housings are no longer available and can bring upwards of $50 each for a good used one.