Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gravely 432 pics

TomMaryland

Here we go! Its a 67, 68, 0r 69 432 commercial. serial # 10139 Engine#? 3191015 Kohler #s K321s and 60133a Started up, ran well, but smoked a little. He said the cylinder is "oblong", so it needs a little work. Also a 50" deck. How'd I do for 100 bucks? [img]/club2/attach/TomMaryland/Gravely 432 dash.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/TomMaryland/Gravely 432 rear.jpg[/img]

Whoops! how did that get in there?? I'll have the Gravely the week after Thanksgiving

[V] Tom I think you got took. I'll give you back your 100 bucks just so you dont feel bad. :D Stumpy wanna buy a $200 gravely [:0]}:)}:) Nice deal you stole it.;)

Tom, Very well done indeed.... Once you get used to their little quirks I think you'll be more than pleased. Dan, Har har...$200 for the tractor, and about thrice that for the shipping???

Thanks guys! I don't know whether I'll be trading, selling, or fixing this one. I have a line on a B-10 about an hour west of me that looks pretty good. Except the guy painted it green! B)

Looks almost exactly like my ~1974 816 w/ 2 cylinder onan. It was a freebie. The tranny has some issues though. JH

This guy's father in law had a '71 812 there. Bought it new and garage kept. In perfect shape too. Even the seat looked new. This 432 has those twin rear brakes, really fun to drive!

Tom, I'd guess your's is a '70 or early '71 (not 100% sure...can't find my durn serial number/vintage list). Two reasons for this...1) My 430 is serial # 10770A and it's a late 1971 model; and 2) The color is stock from the looks of it (mine is identical)....Gravely used that red on the 424 models, but used yellow on the 430/432/450 models until sometime around mid-1970 when red started to go on everything, near as I can tell. Aren't the steering brakes slick? Simple and functional. Another one of the things that disappeared in later models that had other "improvements" instead. That fella must've had one of the first 812s if he picked it up in '71 ('72 was the first "model year" for the 800 series, available, as with automobiles, later in '71). They "look" a whole lot like a 400-series, but a lot of the parts don't swap out, interal or external...a real bummer too.

Yeah I hear ya, stumpy....one brake pedal on the 812 too. Both cigarette lighters work tho!! The gearbox and brakes on the 432 were very smooth...and I can't wait to pop the head to see whats going on in there...he said he might bring it over sometime this week. He also had the plow for it, but the dad wouldn't part with that, either.

maxtorman1234
A dealer up here has a grey gravely with cab and fairly new looking blade. Wants $900. I think its sorta high. I think it is about 10 or 12Hp