Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

101 make over

dhardin

I just aquired a Lanlord 101 and strating my restoration. All works well but I need some parts, like a gas tank and new bevel gears. Well I said works but not well I guess, it did start and pull me around the yard with about 3 hours of prepeation to its 12 HP Briggs. The friend i got the 101 from told me he had a AC-300 and a AC-400 I can use for parts if I need any, (what a good friend). Well im into it pertty far now and see that some parts like the bevel gears are going to be differnt and wont work. My question is can i change out the compleat unit (gear box and all)form his AC 300 to my 101? I hope to get to parts tractor some time next week and ill let u know more then. I have a lot of pic to post of my progress. I would welcome any input and help from the club as i go. I have found your site very helpful and the tons of information i have got here have made this a easy winter project so far. But the winter is young.... your new member Dan hardin ps EXCUSE my spelling and typos

Welcome to the club Dan. Sounds like you're going to have a nice tractor there. I doubt the gearboxes will change out but I don't know for sure. I would have expected the gears inside to be the same though. I think the main difference is in the housing and shafts.

maxtorman1234
If your shaft is good, you can put the shaft into his gearbox, and then put it back in the tractor. I have done this on 3 occasions now, and no troubles yet. They all work great.

maxtorman1234
Also, if your friend would like to part out one of the other two tractors , there are a few parts I will be needing. Thanks,

welcome to the club. I'm not sure about the change. Does the Ac 300 and 400 have a cone pto? I think that there may be a difference in the pto. You can get new bevel gears to the tune on ~$80.00 each I think it would be better to find a parts tractor because it would be easier on the pocket book. John H

thanks a lot guys: My AC-300 will be in town by friday so we will see about the fit. My loacal Simplicity dealer agreed it may work, and may not, and he has a set of used bev-gears if i need them, boy i feel lucky^. also they are available to order new. His price was about 10 to $15 of jacks prices. (50 and 65) yes if i have any parts left over i will gladly make hem available to all. pics next time i hope. thanks again Dan H

Welcome to the club. You will find a lot of good people and information here. Good luck with your 101, but be careful it can be addictive.