Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The Things you Find 'inside a Landlord'

MPH

Since I had it all in the shop, and that generator I got for free with a model 23BP nice running engine is to heavy to move, decided I may as well take off the engine now, well, may as well put it in the Landlord while I'm at it. Got neassary things like oil pan, air cleaner, flywheel shroud, S/G pulley and drive shaft couple switched off the old engine and set it in place. Half a hole off on the engine bolts. With the hydro lift in the way I realize Simplicity put that hole in the frame just in front of the BGB for a reason, set srew access. Hmm flat blade screw driver set screw, but it works, can't get the yoke to slide back any so I remove everything in the way to get a puller on it, here's what I found.

home/machineshop made BGB collar that won't slide on any deeper then it was because the keyway is not cut though the flat area. here is why someone had a new one made, something was loose for awhile.

Know I have a drive shaft and should have the collar off the 1/3 of a B-10 I got with the B-112, but couldn't find it in the dark under the snow..Guess I get the night off...MPH

MPH, These old tractors are like fortune cookies.You never know what you will find inside. I bought a real nice B112 last summer at an auction that looked like it had not been hacked. I brought it home serviced it and mowed lots of grass with it. Last Sat. I took off the deck to clean it before winter storage and found two 15.5in. blades on the ends and a 17 in the middle which had peices welded on the ends. That was my first time to see a welded mower blade. I'll be replacing those before spring. That's what makes this hobby fun. Jim