Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Glacier

Parts Resource?

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Glacier
Who has the best used parts resource in this club? I would rather buy good used parts from someone in the club than buy new.
The problem with your question is the wording in red... There are many, many good parts resources in the club. For example, I've personally gotten used parts from many, including Kirk (thedaddycat), Rob Baumuller (Rob-B), Jim Viera (Jim_V), Jeff Nemes (JeffN), Dave Christensen (dlcentral), Dan (rokon), Sam (SmilinSam), and several others.... If I could say that one is better than another -- and I can't -- I wouldn't, since all of them have helped me out when I needed it... IMO, your best bet is to place a Want Ad, and let those who can help you respond...

RickS
To folow up with what Kent said. The best source of parts is the person that has the parts you need, at the time you need them, and at the price you are willing to pay. Please don't think I am trying to be wise. There is so much parts swapping going on almost any member can supply you with parts. The best thing to do is to list the parts you need and what you are trying to do. Rick.........

thedaddycat
How true, in fact I think one of my most often used lines is "What do you have to trade?"... I tend to stick to the older ones, I guess they just found that niche in me that makes me like thm better. I think the newest one I have in the 7114, about 1985 or so??? So far the oldest one I own(that I have at my house anyway...) that runs is a 1961 early Model 725. I'm working a deal to get my 1959 Wonder Boy 700 home, though.....