Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord Hydro lift Oil ??

MPH

It says to use 10-30 oil on the decal. Will the use of regular Hydralic oil in these units hurt them? I'm afraid 10-30 will be a little stiff outside this time of the year..Thanks...MPH

Marty, Opinion only -- not based on any facts -- but I wouldn't use it, personally. I'd be concerned about what it might do to the seals, pump, etc., since it wasn't designed for it. You might want to get some synthetic 5W30 motor oil instead...

SAE 10W hydraulic oil avail at trac shops its what they use for hyd oil on big stuff,,no fancy new oils,, they will ruin seals

Marty, I concur with Kent on the factory spec'd 10W-30 (or possibly straight 10W oil). I wouldn't try synthetic on these vintage systems in lieu of their age the "soft-parts" possibly developing a leak or failing. As we all know, synthetic oils will find or at best make slow weeping leaks get worse. Tom(PK)

Thanks, Using hydraulic oil seemed risky, as does syn., like I run in everything else. Afer plowing the snow drifts this morning at 20 below with a NW wind holding my flag straight out, think I'll just put the dodge in 4 wheel drive next time and let the snow be..dang that wind is ugly...MPH