Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

repair manual

richp

I was wondering if someone could give me an adress of were I could order a repair manual for my 1964 simplicity landlord

Rich, there's a link on the Links page that will get you to the phone number for Simplicity's publications department. Or, a dealer should be able to order it for you....

I have a 65-66 model 101 Landlord that is now in the process of rebuild. I got a manual from, "Four Seasons Power Equipment" in Port Washington, Wisconsin. The phone # is 414-284-0550. The manual compiles several older models into one new printing book. I have found it useful because it gives parts #s and shows exploded views of things such as gear case / transmission etc. The cost of this book was $7.50 plus shipping. Ask for Mark as he seems real knowledgable of his product.

Also, is your Landlord hydraulic lift? Mine is and I'm having a tought time finding a source to rebuild it. It's slightly leaking and I want to repair it before I put the fresh motor back. I would appreciate any help on the hydraulic info. Joe in WV

Is the cylinder leaking or the control valve? I have never opened my cylinder but I have rebuilt the control valve. I took the valve apart it is held in place by snap rings on the top side, remember the order of the washers and springs. The spool should just slide out the bottom. I buffed up the spool and replaced the O rings ( O rings came from auto supply store, looked through the bins until I found the right sizes) and it has been working just great for about 8 years now. Good Luck! --MS--