Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B112 ?'s

TRAC TOR

The B112 is running, engine sounds like a charm. The specs call for 2 quarts of oil, I drained the old oil and could not fit 2 quarts back in. Also the carborator drips a bit of gas from the very bottom center, is that ok? Thanks for any help.

My B-112 holds 2 qts of oil. Dripping gas is more normal then Ok, does it do it when running, needs fixing if so. If it only drips when turned off a shutoff of the tank can fix that...MPH

Thanks MPH,it doesn't do it while running,Ill stop worrying about it. When I push in the clutch,the belt that goes to the trans, rattles quite a bit, is that ok?

There is a nylon strip called a strip bearing that you need to put in the clutch. I have had to do it to one and the other is coming. It will remove the rattle and make the clutch operate smoothly. You can get the # out of the parts manuel download from simplicity. 157033 is the part #.

quote:
Originally posted by DaleC
There is a nylon strip called a strip bearing that you need to put in the clutch. I have had to do it to one and the other is coming. It will remove the rattle and make the clutch operate smoothly. You can get the # out of the parts manuel download from simplicity. 157033 is the part #.
Remember that this is a variable speed that he's talking about, not a standard 3-speed. IMO, his rattle is likely the wear of the pins in both the sheaves and the hub for his variable speed. Also, if the sides of those sheaves aren't perfectly smooth (i.e. grooved, rusty, etc.) they will tend to "grab" the belt just enoungh to make them rattle pretty bad...

First thanks for all of the replies,guys If it wasn't for this website and your help I would be completely lost as far as these tractors are concerned and therefor probably going broke(if you know what I mean.) A few more questions, What is the spark plug gap for the 12HP engine? Maby a related ? When the engine is running it has a slight backfire type noise, the engine still has power but the sound is there, Why? Last ?(for now) To start the engin I have to pour a bit of gas into the carb,once it starts it doesn't stall. Thanks again!

Backfire sound could be plug, I gap mine at .035, think that's correct. If you haven't, try a new one. Check the points, make sure they're not pitted and gaped at .020. Gas problem hopefully is just your carb being dry, does it leak when turned off? Does the choke work? Should be all you need to do is choke it til it pops off..MPH

Slight popping AND you need a little gas in the carb for starting. Very well could be the exhaust valve sticking open just a little. Especially if the engine sat a long while. Ive had 3 of the last 10 Briggs do that if they sat for more than a year or so without running.

The Briggs web site has a place to get that info on your motor. You just need to get the #s off your engine. PM me or Email me if you caint find it. I have been there once but caint say right now how to do it. Elon