Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

what to do with a old plow hitch

ehertzfeld

Well here is somthing I have been working on. Since getting a blower for my 5008, and fitted the plow for the Landloard, I hade nothing for the old broadmoor plow frame. Well here it is now!

what do you think? one of ny graden trailers has a ball type hitch so it should be great to dump. Also i park my boat and utility trailers in the back yard and use the tractors to tow them up front. This should make it alot better. Elon

John Double righr click on the red x. Then when the down loadbox ask for your password give it. Then you should see the picture.

Looks good from here. Only question I have is if your trailer hitch hangs up when you dump? Seems you could have the ball in the hole on the end and get higher dump action..MPH

MPH, nice opservation! I didnt think of that. Most likly I'll have to move the ball to the outer hole. Now that I think about it it would hit the end of the hitch. Elon

You might wanna cut a piece of pipe 7/8 inch long, the same size as the bolt on your hitch and drive it between the top and bottom plates to keep them from collasping..Both mine were pretty bad just from blade use, fixed one.MPH

That wont be a problem. I had to cut the top plate off to weld in a diferent kind. The plow isn't Simplicity. I welded the top to the bottom. I just flipped the frame around.Elon