Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle Bar Found 990785

ambler

Struck a deal on a sickle bar today. Pick it up next week. This is for my 7100 series. It appears that it is circa 1975. Black with white lettering. The only later one I see is 1690030, but looking at the drawings they are near identical. Anyone have one of these? Any parts available? Price was right too!!

I have one of each. The main difference is in the bar. The #990785 uses rock guards, the #1690030 uses a ledger. Most parts are NLA from Simplicity, and Haban is out of business. The good news is if the implement is not subjected to abuse, and maintained, it is virtually bullet proof.

Dutch, Haban made them for Simplicity? All of the models, or just the later ones? Didn't some other brands have Haban supply them too? Don't dare use mine - too hard to fix. Tim

My understanding is Haban made them for cone clutch RBTs. Before Simplicity made their own, just like moldboard plows.