Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3012 trans problem

forresti

Hi, i got this tractor free ,sitting for awhile. Got the engine running . downfall is the trans is not working. It seams to be locked in reverse. you can shift from R to 1st and your still in reverse. Go to 2nd and 3rd it grinds and won't go in. i justlook at the trans and it spooks me, how ever is there a manual , or would i be better off leaving it for someone that knows what he's doing.

It may be that the shifting stem has "slipped the gate". Take a look at the linked post and see if that helps some.... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=12052&SearchTerms=shifting,fork

If you are going to junk out tractor, go here. Someone might be interested in the engine you have. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24002

I know that these kind of problems are frustrating. Don't be to quick to junk it out. These are worth fixing. Be Patient and you will have success.

Could be a problem as simple as the wrong snaprings used on the inputshaft like someone did to my B-112. Yea, I spent a day taking it apart and putting it back together, but it has worked hard and fine for 3 years now...MPH

I have some rears around here, if you don't want to fix it let someone else have it. There are more than enough parts around to get her going again....

• 4 months later...
i just looked around and found another one $50 and it ran.but it had a cast 16hp ,ipulled the 16 and stuck the 12 in , i got the 16 to sell and some other part. it is a tractor, they don't make them like this any more Forrest