Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lift Lever Q

Boney

With the lift lever at the bottom there is a plate. It has two nothces cut in to top for the lever to lock on. In this plate there are a number of holes...what are these holes for ?

There is a short round-head pin with a hairpin clip that is supposed to be used to set the stops for the lift...

I got a pin that has spring loaded ball detents in the end.. It eliminates the need for the clip. Just push it through the hole and it stays till you put enough force on it to pull it out.

Always learn something here. Been wondering about them holes for years, just never thought about them when I was on line...MPH

Thnx all for the great responses. HubbardRA can you tell us where you got the pin ? or maybe post a picture of it ? It sounds like a good setup.

Boney, I'll see if I can find it to take a picture. Haven't used the pin for a while. I'll also see if I can locate a source. This was one of those "Puppy" items. You know the kind that sort of follow you home one day.

I use a clevis pin with two flex driveplate spacers (one on each side of the lift lever plate) and a hairpin clip. The spacers keep the clevis pin straight/square in the hole. Works good on the B-1. I think the pin is 3/8" dia.