Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Think I'm Ready.....

PatRarick

.....with 17.3 feet of snow removal equipment! 20 feet if you count my MTD walk behind.

Last week at this time, there was 3" to 4" of snow on the ground. Figured it was OK to show the "big one" since the blower is yellow and the tractor is now part of AGCO. Pat

The little tractors get the most use. My parents live on the same farm, right across the road from me. My dad has heart problems and my mother has diabetes. Use the big tractor mainly to keep the county road open cause we never know when we might have to make an emergency trip or have the road open for the ambulance. Was helpless once when we needed help and it ain't gonna happen again. The big one is a little more fun to run. Quiet, heater, stereo. My coat is hung across the seat when I move snow with that one. Pat

Computer went south on the last day of October, Marty. Was reduced to a "lurker". Damn frustrating, not being able to post, but I was at least able to read. Did manage to contact a few through PM's and e-mails though. I'm like a kid in a candy store now! Pat

Ok Pat, good to have you back..Wonder why you didn't just follow your computer south, northern Mn isn't much nicer then here, just shorter stay...

Pat, Does your neck get sore after running the 3 pt. blower?? I have been thinking of making one for my ford,but for the front. Thanks, John

Pat, Like John asks, I always thought the same thing every time I saw one of those 3 point blowers. ;)With your fabrication ability I'm suprised you don't have it front mounted.

Darn it! You beat me to it Pat! I wanted to show off my MINI fleet but I don't dare to now.That's a tough act to follow. Nubian

It's not too bad, mounted on the rear. The tractor seat swivels so you are actually looking to your side rather than behind you. It would be more comfortable to run as a front mount, but there are advantages to the rear mount. You have much better visibility. You are high enough that you can look directly down in front of the blower. No eight foot long hood between you and the blower. The steering is more responsive with the blower on the rear. Unless you have front wheel assist (I don't) you have better traction because of the added weight of the blower. When we bought it, the price was nearly double for a front mount. I thought at the time that I would convert it myself for much less. After using it and seeing the advantages of a rear mount, I figured it's "6 of one, half a dozen of the other", so I gave up on the idea. I've been toying with the idea of building something to have the best of both worlds. I have an old combine that sees very little use. Plan on using the drive train, hydraulic system, and cab of the combine. In effect, it would be a reversed tractor. Pat

Nubian, a fleet is a fleet. Nice to see everyone's. Jay, come on over for any snowstorm. I think I have two or three shovels too! :D:D:D:D Marty, by the time I got the computer up and running again, I was ready to head south. ;) Pat

Pat, I'm a follower of Farm Show, and what some of you folks out there do with old combines totaly tickles me!!! But then your farm shops put many manufactures around here to shame too. Eddy, You don't take a backseat to anyone with your little fleet!! ;)Very nice!! I like the blower pics. Who was drivin and who was pic taken???? huh? Who??? hehehehe

Joe, I've had several neighbors that have been featured in "Farm Show". Here is one:

Three 830 Deeres. The rear tractor is coupled with a ball coupler from an ore truck so it can be removed if not needed. This machine is a "user", and sees all the heavy fieldwork, spring and fall. It was built with a "show quality". He had his own decals made and calls it an "830 Special". Pat

Great equipment Pat,Im just a flustrated farmer myself. Born and reased on a farm, now living in town. My big shop is still at the family farm. Love old tractors, my friend has spent a life time rebiulding old tractors, he is selling out soon Ill try to get u all some pics and dates of sale if anyone cares.

Pat, That is awsome!! What would be the total HP of it? I assume it is ALL wheel drive? :DWhen ever the kids ask me what I need, I just tell them to send a check to Farm Show. I'm prolly good for the next 10 years!!

NorthTexasSwede
I visited Pat a year ago March, right just after a big Minnesota snow storm and was met at the highway by the "Big White". Pat removed the snow in front of us as we drove up to their farm yard. Quite welcome and treat. Jim