Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shipping a snowthrower

BigOrange

I just bought a snowthrower for my A/C. It's in Maine and I'm in Ohio. I know you guys will know the best shipping company to use and any other hints to tell the guy who is shipping it. ANY INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL! Thanks.

Hi John, If that was the one on ebay I talked with Andy (the seller) a few times on the phone about shipping, and the best we came up with was about $180 by truck, to Ohio. I wanted him to take it apart and ship it UPS, it would have cost about $60, but he didn't want to take it apart, so I didn't bid. Anyway check with UPS or Fedex trucking. That is about all I can tell you, or try again to talk him into taking it apart and shipping UPS or Fedex ground. John

When I bought mine from a club member in tne midwest. I called UPS they have a servce for large items. They picked up and deleverd door to door. The price was right at about 220.00$(that haft way across the US.

In the past I have seen post about shipping large/heavy stuff with forward air (I think thats the name)..they talked about the prices being around $25 per 100lbs.to ship... I belive the seller has to take it to their terminal and you will have to pick it up at a terminal... Here is a link to the web site... www.forwardair.com

Mowerman, That is the one. My brother just bought a classic motorcycle on Ebay which was in Minnesota and had it shipped by Forward Air to California where he lives. Cost right around $220, but this was very heavy.

Well I don't know how big of packages that greyhound will deliver but I have heard they are reasonable too...but again you will have to have the seller deliver to the bus station and you would have to pick it up at your local bus station... http://206.66.2.229/

In my past time some over the road trucking companies [not ups road way or companies like yellow freight] I mean independent companies have trucks that go to and from there this can be top freight for them and not take space from there load. I do this some times