Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Toy

rokon2813

Okay so its not Simp or A/C, but some Toys I get just for me. I just got delivered to me a Baird tractor some of you may have read about in an earlier post. Just a neat little toy and it tickled me! Anyway, do any of you have or know where to get info on Wisconsin engines? I'd kinda like to know the year and horsepower. It is either an AKN 4 or AKN 7. Very hard to read but I think its a 4. By the way it was delivered by Bob, member Survivor2003. Another great member (every one I've met has been nice!). Bob; We got the piston out by pulling the bottom off the engine and driving the piston out the top. I'll need to either find or make a set of rings but the piston and cylinder look okay. The rod bearing was shot but didnt hurt the rod or crank I dont think so no big deal there. First Wisconsin I ever had apart. This thing has an oil pump! Then I'll need to helicoil the head or find another one. Enough joyous babbling, Anybody got any info on Wisconsins?

Dan, when we come up for the B1 parts we'll have another wisconsin engine for you with us. It even has a stand and a two inch pump hooked up to the engine. Mel

Dan, ;)Try a google search. I've been told that parts are out there for even the oldest Wisconsin engines. [V]I know what you mean, I'm real sorry I didn't go after that Garden Master last spring. But was told it had been sold.

You will find that Wisconsin parts are not cheap.I know that most of my akn's are late 40 up to late 50's Watch out for that mag wire when you turn it over as it will set you on your butt real quick.Around here most industrial construction repair shops handle Wisconsin parts.But I live in Wisconsin.Bob

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23787&SearchTerms=Baird Best I can do for pics Andy. Got so excited I forgot to take a before pic, before I tore it apart. Bob is right. It is in decent condition between the two he pictured. Dan

Dan, I'm not sure who would carry wisconsin parts up there, but I use this place...Highway Equipment and Supply. 1-800-827-6495 They are in Florida, but I think they will ship. They are probably one of the largest Wisconsin dealers in the southeast, and they have been able to get parts on everything I have needed. Even very old engines. However, Bob is right, parts are kind of pricey. Hope this helps. Dave

Thakns guys for the ideas on parts. So far all I need is a set of rings and I got a couple folks around here checking for me. Hope thats all I need besides maybe a used mag and I think I found that already.

Those mags are not that bad to fix.I have found that if you crank it over for a while and file the points they tend to start working.I bought a wards power hoe that had a wisconsin on it that had no spark and no compression.All I did was put a twist in a belt off from another walker and spun it over for a few minutes.After that It had lots of spark and there was plenty of compression to run. The longer I ran it the better it got.Does pretty well with the plow in the garden.Bob