Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Found a 3416H

PatrickE

I found a 3416H by the road with a "Free" sign on it today. The owner said it runs but has an oil leak at the axle and he didn't want to mess with it. Its in good shape and everything seems to work! Some new seals and a paint job and put it to work!

I did, put my son on it and pulled it to the in-laws before someone else got it. I had no gas or trailer availible at the time. Will get pics soon.

Ya know I drive all over New England for my job. Im always on the look out for tractors and accesories. So far I havent seen anything!!!!! Just me bad luck I guess. lol nice find caint wait to see the pics. Elon

I had it in freewheel and went slow. I had it running today, power lift and mower deck work. There was a puddle of drive fluid underneath it, will have to check it out soon. Its cold windy snowy right now and didn't want to mess with it. I drive alot for work, I find many snowblowers(mostly toro, got 3 in the shed) and some pushmowers. This is the first tractor.

I have a 3416S. You got a great deal. I'd love to have wheel weights and power lift for mine. I do have a dozer blade and mower deck.

Bet $100 it is leaking from one end or the other of the pintle (control) shaft. If you're lucky it is the back end. That is easier to get to for a temp fix. If it is the front and it leaks bad it is hard to get it to stop leaking without biting the bullet and having it re-bushed. Well worth it though for a machine in the condition that one is in. Brent

I will have to clean up the hydro and gearcase real well and fill it up and check for leaks. It sounds like a common problem on these from other posts. It is probably a Vickers is assume. Are repair parts readily available for these? Any parts illustrations available too? Thanks for all the great info.

Here's the Operator's and Parts Manual for the 3416H: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1359_00_SV_S.pdf

Vickers for sure. Search for "Vickers" and you'll find many posts. Parts are NLA but there are some hydraulics shops around that can make this repair. Diagrams can be found in the large frame repair manual at simplicitymfg.com available for free download under tech pubs at that site. I have owned or seen many of these Vickers and they all leaked, some more than others, at the control shaft. If it is not bad you might be able to live with it for a long time an just watch the level. Fill up via the filter cannister up to the bottom of the plastic plug a few inches from the top. Searching for VIckers will reveal alot more info. BRent