Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

parts availability for 7016H front PTO

dreaco_99

Hey fellas and fillies, Well, I finally rebuilt the snowblower for my Sovereign and was ready to bolt it up for the coming season only to find out that my front PTO is on the fritz. I took a look and found the clutch plate worn out pretty bad and some oblong wear on the clutch fork and pulley. Doe anybody know where I can find some parts for this thing? P/N 171776...front PTO pulley P/N 1663501..clutch fork P/N 171819...clutch plate assembly P/N 164048...bearing P/N 1650954..transmission filter I've been told that some of this stuff can't be got anymore, but I thought I'd ask the saviors in the group if they have one or all kicking around and interested in parting with them, OR knowing where I can find them. Thanks! Gregg 1966 2010H Landlord 1975 7016H Sovereign

It's got the 1" shaft. From what I gather the shaft size is only relevant to the motor installed...Briggs or Kohler. This has the original 16hp single Briggs powerplant.

Any idea what they are looking to get for the setup? I've got a few possibles, but some are used and probably have problems of their own. I'd like to rebuild with new if I can. Who can I talk to down at your local distributor?

Gregory The dealer is Walt's Sales and Service Their telephone number is 802-766-5583. Ask to speak to Eddy the owner. He is usually behind the parts counter. I just talked to him and told him some one might call him on the PTO parts.

Electric PTO? Is it possible and does anybody have pointers about upgrading to electric versus manual? Sounds like a cool idea I'd jump on if I knew it could be done...

quote:
Originally posted by dreaco_99
Electric PTO? Is it possible and does anybody have pointers about upgrading to electric versus manual? Sounds like a cool idea I'd jump on if I knew it could be done...
There are several different styles of electric clutches. The old style that was used on the Homelites and 400 series Allis will bolt right up to your Briggs. The newer styles that use an anchor bolt will also work. Just slide an electric clutch onto the crankshaft, bolt or anchor it to the engine, and run a 12 volt wire and switch. If the pulley isn't in the position you need, you may have to fabricate spacers. If the pulley ratios aren't correct, you will have to address that too. Here's a photo of an old style on a Briggs. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/bs-clutch.jpg[/img]

Here's a pic of a new style electric PTO on a Briggs.

To mount the PTO, the engine has to be unbolted and lifted a bit to have the PTO pulley clear the front engine frame (the drive shaft didn't have to be unbolted).