Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my latest finds...718,B-1,2010,MW squire9, 707

JamesK

Well over the last week I have found the above mentioned. The 718 the guy has the tractor with blown motor , snowblower and hard shell cab. Not sure what he wants but he is supposed to call back. The B-1 and 2010 are at the same location and both need work. I might be tradin a deere 42 inch plow for these 2. The Mw squire9 is complete with mower deck but has not run in a long time. Guy wants 100 for this one. I think it can be bought for less myself. the 707 runs and drives has hi/low and a snowblower with it guy is asking 100 for this one. So the big question here is what do you think the 718 is worth? its body is in decent shape. motor is all apart in baskets, and I did not see the blower and cab. This tractor has been sittin since 1998. The B-1 has larger hubs WELDED to the axle with car tires mounted on it. It is a complete tractor no deck guy said about 75 bucks for it. It has the kidney shaped wheel. He also has a 2010 with a broken rod that has been sitting for a while. he said he bought it for 130 bucks a few years ago. I might trade him a 42 inch Deere plow for the 110-200 series plus a LITTLE ($50) cash. So we shall see what happens on these.. the wife is gonna shot me soon..

James K, Looks like you have some good finds at pretty good prices, not sure what the 718 is worth but someone here should know....8D^

James Look, based on folklore and fact, if you have a genuine, true, dyed-in-the-wool, facto ne comprendo, real deal, Johnmonkey Squire 9 in any sort of condition, with all it's parts, one wouldn't want to pay anything less than $400.00 for it. These are rare, and you really don't want to underpay and ruin the market. What color is it? a

I have a 718 that is going to be a winter project. The engine is hard to get parts for. The blower should drive off a front mechanical PTO. The engine has a 1 1/8" shaft out the front of the engine. They used to sell an adaptor kit to change the size of the center hole of the PTO Clutch. I'll send you an e-mail. GregB

Andy G. The frame is a goldish/bronze color. the tag behind the seat says squire 9 montgomery wards co. the hood was not on it but the guy said he had it back in the shed. it also had the mowerdeck and it was the same goldish/bronze color. This guy showed me the tractor a while ago and told me he paid 50 bucks for it. Then when i was there last week he said he paid 100 bucks for it. I figured I would let it sit for a week or two and go back and flash 60 bucks at him, im sure he will take it. As for the 718. i only have a interest in it if the price is right, if not will pass on the info for everyone here. I forgot to mention 3 others I have found a stock B-10 and a B-12 with a 16HP replacment motor. The B-12 is a hydro unit and both were parked a while ago. I asked the guy about the B-10 he said 200 so i was affraid to ask about the B-12. he said the B-12 motor replacment was about 15 years ago, by the sounds of it he will want to recoup his money for the motor (which hasent run inabout 8 years). I also found a B-10 with mower deck running but inneed of alot of sanding and painting. Guy wanted 500 for it, it was in a little better shape than the 2 on e-bay this weekend. I dont think its worth the 500 unless he throws in the other B-10 and B-1 he has sittin for parts. but that is another in due time thing. All I really want is either a decent B-10 or B-12 to put the B-10 loader I have to work. I also just got a really nice hood for either the B-10 or B-1 not sure which one it is for. it is a curved hood no gas fill hole unfortunatly it is gray in color . it came with a front grill with AC emblem, the screen is in hurtin shape but the supports and other brackets on it are in real nice shape. The 2010 the guy has the white stripe down the hood dont know if this signifys anything just figured I would mention it. So thats my story, I always am looking for a deal. I have currently (yes I know its green) a 1974 John Deera 110 with mower deckand plow runs great purchase price FREE. I recently sold a 1965 110 round fender missing its carb. the fellow I got it from said go to this store and get me 3 cups of coffee and its yours. He also threw in a rolling 112 missing the motor and deck. Also picked up 2 snowblowers for the 110's one for 30 bucks the other for 100 bucks. sold the one for the price of the 2 plus my fuel to go get em. Now if I can just scrape up a little bit of cheese ill be doin some spendin..James K.

Well James, Of course you know I'm :) about the price. Heck yes, wait him out, they don't give extra points for paying too much! And then you'll have $$$ for other tractors. Congrates on the finds. I hope they come through for you in a package deal! A

So, the FREE Wards Squire 9 I picked up last summer was a good deal huh? Has the early hydraulic lift,plus the early headlight... Bad rod though. Paint and a rebuild are in the plans.