Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowlec

620 AC ENGINE

bowlec
Ccn i put a honda model GX670-BDW engine in my AC 620 tractor?i have heard it will fit right in .has anyone done this ? and how much trouble is it? it hos the orgional onan mod.CCKB in in now.thanks for any help.

dirtsaver
Welcome to the club Tom! Hope you enjoy it here. As for the Honda engine, several of the folks here have done the conversion. Al Edens(a member here) has a repowering company that specializes in kits and has some good info on his site www.repowereng.com . I think there are some archived threads on that also. Good luck Tom! Larry

JP
Hi Tom, Welcome to the 'fray'! The repower kits are nice, as in all things there's a lot of pro's & con's. You might want to searh through this site (One of the GREAT things about this site!!) to see what others have said about the process & results. In either event, usually not a 'cheap' endeavor. The Honda kits were around $1600 & depending on what's up with the Onan, $250 or so and up (rings, gasket set). These prices are with YOU doing what needs done. Keep us posted & ask questions! There's no shortage of answers around this site & I think you'll find them helpful to get your unit back on track!! Oh yeah, Have a Safe & Happy Turkey Day!! JP