Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How high can you stack parts? LOL

rokon2813

I'm finally getting things cleaned up enough, though not near done, to take time to take a few pictures of some of the stuff from "The Pile" This is part of why it takes a while to answer some of the requests I've gotten. Weeding through that much stuff is a chore. Eventually these racks will have tractors on top too.

These are 2 different trailers loaded with decks. 4 stacks on the one above and 2 on the one below.

2 of 3 aisles in my garage.

Thanks Mike, I'm working on it. By the way for anyone interested theres more info on the racks and stacking tractors in "Shop Talk"

I'm still undecided as to whether its better to leave the stuff together and know what the parts are from , or to take it all apart and later forget what the stuff fits. Simplicity and AC stuff is no problem as I could probably figure out what the parts are for blindfolded, but the off brands I lose track of when they get disassembled. I need more racks , thats for sure. Gotta find the floor first:D

I hear ya Sam. I'm still looking for the old manilla tags on wire that you used to be able to get anywhere. As to forgetting what the stuff fits, some of it came pre-disassembled in piles so I'm lost. LOL

Dan the tobacco farmers are required to use those tags with bare wire ties on each bale when it goes to the warehouse for ID. I think I can find you a link to the farm supply I used to work for that still sells them. You might have to buy bulk but sounds like you may need a bunch. Larry

Thanks Larry. We got a local farm supply. I'll try there but theres no tobacco around here so unless they use them for something else we may not have them.

This might be dumb but I got the idea from one of the local outdoor power equipment salvage yards...He writes what it fits and what he has to have out of it with a marker or a paint pen..looks like marker.He writes it right on the parts or implements..one thing I don't like is that its wrote on but I thought maybe one of those pens like the car dealers use to write on the windows as it does come off if you wash it (and not that easy to where the rain wouldn't do it)...But at least it would come off... Just an idea,but a place I used to work at used the tags like you are talking about and some of the stuff we stored outside...well the rain would make the paper get soggy and the ink would run..also if they was there for awhile the wind would blow them off after they have been wet a few times..

I only want the tags for stuff I tear apart and put on shelves. As far as the paint pen, I had to sand the price off the hood of the 2 wheel horses. I would feel bad asking more than the price painted on the hood....

You could always make your own out of index cards, if you don't find any. I should have saved the boxes of them I found at the flea market a few years ago, Now that someone needs them their gone! If I happen to come across more again, I'll save them for you.

Dan, See if you can find someone who supplies auto salvage yards, I got some tags about 8 years ago that are made for marking used parts from one of them. There made of plastic and you use a sharpie to write on them. They last forever if you use them inside and come with a wire to tie them to the parts.

Dan, The office supply store across the street from me sells those exact tags. We go through hundreds a month. We tag blades, chains, tires, ect. when they come in for repair. I can get you some and send them to you. I will do it personally for you and just charge you what they cost me plus a little shipping. John

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll decide which way to go ans see what i can find local. Otherwise I'll get back to somebody looking for help. Thanks again Dan