Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

310S Need Help!

maxtorman1234
Hi, I just fixed the bgb on my 310, and am having trouble with the pully on the end of the bgb. I cant get it to adjust right for some reason. Everything looks right but there seems that there is not enough room for the pully to move back and forth. Does anybody know or have a picture of how this should look? I cannot get it to work and it is getting frustrating. Thanks

DaleC
Graham, I believe that the BGB on the Shuttles requires that one side be longer than the other? I may be all wet but could you have reversed the sides the shafts come out of? I am 52 and cannot remember my right from my left. I do that kind of thing all the time and get the joy of going back and disassemble/reassemble. I hope that it is something simplier.|)

maxtorman1234
THanks, you're right, just took a second look and it is variable.The shaft can only go in one way, because that is the only end that is threaded. Does anybody know how far the pully on the bgb should move? Thanks

Mack
From 300/400 series service. Before installing the assembled case in the tractor select the correct thickness of shims to hold the right hand pully shaft bearing in place.The shims are istalled when the beval gear case is installed in the tractor frame.Install sufficient shims so that when they are against the oil seal a shim will extend .010 to .015 past the outside machined surface of the beval gear case. Hope this helps. Mack

maxtorman1234
I have the shims in, but i think they are more like.030, when I bolt the bgb back in, these shims push the bearing further into the bgb. I am wondering if the tubes that slide over the shaft should meet the keyway near the threads. THanks,