Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ReedS

Birds of a feather flock together......

ReedS
Well I'm not sure I have the whole flock here but I'm almost positive I have a feather from every species of feathered friend in New England in this mouses nest from the B12's engine shroud![:0] [img]/club2/attach/reeds/dscn0553m.jpg[/img] Yes it was running before I took her apart. The plug wire has been chewed in 2 places and the shroud is rotted out at the botton from both the mouse urine and from the debris plugging the drain. Kent if you'll notice there is a crank balancer on the mag side of this eng, might be hard to see but it's there. It ran well after I put together until I sheared the flywheel key.:(! Also ran it without the s/g or driveshaft and the bottom end is quiet, I guess I'll be rebuilding the s/g. I'm gonna have to change the oil pan on it too I don't know why it's still holding oil!

Kent
That's worse than the 10HP that I tore into. It had a 3-lb coffee can full of stuff in it... but nothing like that. Sounds like you've lucked out... with the S/G rather than a crank or counterweight bearing. If you need an oil pan, just let me know.