Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Ten Project Done! (Pictures)

BigOrange

After being at this stage a couple of weeks ago and running into a couple of snafu's here and there that you guys talked me through. Here we are now.

It was sure alot of work but also alot of fun and the help this site and it's members gave was the key factor.

I have to restore the deck and I have a snowblower on the way so I'm not all the way done.I no the Allis purists are hating the black wheels and I was missing the original seat but for now this is it.

Thanks to everyone for getting me this far you've made it alot easier!

Nice job, BigOrange. Another Big Ten to carry the flag. I like the black wheels. If you had ag tires on the rear, it would be nuttin' but bad. Nice improv on the seat, too. Very inspirational. Thanks for posting the pix. Tacey

The color is equipment yellow from TSC and I just used their buff yellow primer under it and yes it is from a spray can.

BigOrange: I like the look of the black wheels. Gives the tractor a mean, don't mess with me look. Make the tractor look like it could handle anything you throw at it. I like the front tires, that should really help with snow removeal. Rick..........

Nice job... I think the Black wheels look good... I agree above it would look even meaner with the Bar Treads all the way around...

:DReal nice job Big O. ;)It amazes me the jobs that get done with spray cans and look so darned good. Those wheels look just fine. Black beats rust anyday!!

I got them at TSC in Columbus, they're a 16x6.50x8 so they're a little taller and wider than stock,I thought they looked good.

Sharp looking pair! Black wheels sure beat the three mismatching colors of wheels on my B110. Looks way to nice to use. The truck is a real beauty too and its even almost AC orange! Is that truck where you got your username from?

Nice detail job, the last two pics really show it..Mind if I copy the way you ran your fuel line? Looks better then hangging down like I did the Landlord..It be a pain for you to do now but when I did the 725 I painted the muffler with BBQ black. Only has 5 or 6 hours on it but so far looks as good as when I did it.. MPH

Very nice professional job! Another one saved. I have not had much luck with painting from a spray can in that the paint for me has been very very soft for quite awhile after the paint has dried (months) and during this time it is scratched very easily. Im curious if this is true in your case also? Again congratulations on a job well done. :) Ryan

Yes I need to do the muffler or see if I can get an original if they are still available.They way I routed the fuel line is from not knowing how it is suppose to be,this is the way it was when I got it so i stuck with it. Yes my username is from that obnoxious orange truck!