Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 axle tube

ehertzfeld

I found an add for a b10. The add said that the tractor needs a rear axle tube. How hard/expencive is this to do? I would like to know what Im getting myself into before I decide to buy it. Thanks Elon

Elon I've never changed one before but Kirk(daddycat) did some post on it and was fairly easy I think. The new tubes are about $140 I hear. I was thinking of just changing out a whole trans-axle. That would be the quickest fix. LArry

Elon, What Larry said! Seriously much cheaper and easier to replace the trans assembly. Of course if your looking for something to do then just change out the tube, which means you'll have to split the trans case, not hard but definatly time consuming. I hope the price is right on the b10!

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS [ I hope the price is right on the b10!
How is $250 with hyd lift, hight/low, rear lift, electronic igniton? I didnt think its too bad, you?

I called the guy last week,he told me it was gone, but he said he still has a plow and snowthrower that he wants $250 each for.

Elon, I have a cracked axle tube also on my 66 Landlord 101. I am making my own tube up and pressing bushings into the ends, should be better than new since mine will be made with higher quality steel. I can make one up for you at the same time I do mine if you like. I can do it quite a bit cheaper than $140 (cost of a new one). Let me know. :) Ryan