Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Scott Salmons

Any Lawyers here?

Scott Salmons
I purchased the 720 service manual that was on e-bay. If I was bidding against anyone please don't hate me:p. I have had requests offering money to make copies for them. I would like to do this to help other members out and also to recoupe my expense. Had to pay about three times what I thought I would[:0]. Would this be copywrite violation? I see other items on e-bay that are photocopies? Is it possible to get permission from a Co. no longer in business? Thanks Scott

Kent
If it is marked with a copyright, then that copyright was likely transferred to the new company (AGCO) or to Simplicity... along with any patents, trademarks and "intellectual property." I don't use any information on Simple trACtors that has copyright markings on it, just to be safe... except for the small amount of information that Simplicity provided me on Cross-Reference, Service and Lubrication.

ehertzfeld
Hey scott, what were you thinking of charging for a copy? If its like $5 to 10$ then give the copy for free and have who ever wants it pay shipping! For $5 to $10! lol Would that be leagal? Just trying to help. Elon