Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blower Belt????

Bunky

I have a 36in. Single Belt Allis Chalmers blower that I want to put on my B112 and It doesn't seem to have an ID Tag... Does all the Single belt blowers take the Same belt?????

Not really. With all tractors, the OEM belt is designed to be used with the OEM engine pulley, the OEM snowthrower pulley, and the OEM hitch. Any difference will require a different belt. For example, if you have an OEM setup and you install a snowthrower from a different application and that snowthrower pulley is smaller or larger, the OEM belt will be too short or too long. Either confirm what OEM should be and correct as needed, or use a belt with the length that you need.

Make the hookup, then using a length of clothesline, route it as you would the belt, mark where the ends meet, measure it from the end to that mark, and get a belt of that length.

I'd try Simplicity belt # 106769, 56.1" long, since it is listed for the earliest single-belt blowers, either 36" ones or 42" ones.... I know that that's the belt I use for either my 42" or 36" snowblowers... I just did that last night. The only other belt listed for the early 36" snowblowers is # 106689, at 55.5" long -- which would be only .6" shorter. After the 56.1" belt, the next sizes listed are for the RBTs at 66.1" and 69.3"... http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/belts/belts_(pg6).htm