Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fair price for a cab?

AC808

Today i stumbled upon a cab that will fit my early 80s 6100/800 series tractor... I dont think ive ever seen one on here for sale. What do you all think is a decent price (or, what would you pay for one?). This one isnt in too bad of condition, I didnt see any major rips or tears. You all have any thoughts?? 73 jay

$50 to $250 depending on your want and the condition of the cab. I use my cab in winter, because it makes blowing snow so comfortable. I kinda laugh at the snow when I'm in the cab.

quote:
Originally posted by lsenus
I picked up a NOS one for $200 about 8 months ago.
That was a bargain! I just paid $75 for a used one off a mid-70's Baron, sight unseen, from the classifieds here. After last winters heavy snowblower use, and with another bad winter predicted for this year, I really wanted one -- but not enough to pay $300 or more for a new(er) one.... BTW, I modified it to fit my HB-216 pretty easily, since it has the same rear fenders as the later models. I'll try to get some pics soon...

quote:
Originally posted by KenK
Ask yourself what its worth in the middle of Jan.,10 degrees,2foot of snow on the ground and 20-30 mph winds blowing.:D
Brrrr....... On nasty days like that, doesn't your wife insist you stay inside while she tries out the new shovel she received as a Christmas gift?

I picked up a cab a few weeks back that looks like new. I set it on top of an Allis 816GT I have and looks to fit that tractor. It's missing some brackets for the rear mount. I have another cab I bought disassembled. The guy I got from and I think it's also for the newer broadmoor types, 4000-5000-6000? It'd be nice if they had numbers on the cabs so a guy could look them up. I've never found a number on any of the Simplicity Cabs I've had.

Delivered by noon today 500 would be cheap, 20 below, N.W. blowing about 30-35 mph, still snowing and the driveway drifted half across.. MPH

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
quote:
Originally posted by KenK
Ask yourself what its worth in the middle of Jan.,10 degrees,2foot of snow on the ground and 20-30 mph winds blowing.:D
Brrrr....... On nasty days like that, doesn't your wife insist you stay inside while she tries out the new shovel she received as a Christmas gift?
I imagine the novelty of that new shovel would quicly wear off like it did on the vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, and bucket & mop of the previous Christmas's:D

I have a 36" single belt blower mounted on the Big Ten I bought my wife last year for an anniversary present. Maybe she will use it to clean the driveway while I watch from inside.:D, Doubtfull Last year though she was plowing with the dozer blade, this year the blower? They are calling for measurable? snow tommorrow night, sounds like blade work though. GregB