Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wasmeneh

Briggs Oil leak

wasmeneh
Have a 11 HP B&S on my Simplicity 4211H. Just noticed that a slow drip of oil seems to be comming from the area where the Oil filler tube goes into the engine. Any body knows what the part # for the "O" ring or gasket at the base of the tube, or do I have a little too much oil in it. Thanks Mike

mowerman1193
You should be able to go to http://www.briggsandstratton.com/ and download a parts manual that should have the part number of the o-ring....You will need your model and type numbers off the shroud...

fuzy
Mike, The part at the bottom of the dipstick tube is not just an oring. It is a rubber seal that threads into the block. They do dry out after a while. The part number is 281370S and can be had at my new web site. About 2 1/2 bucks.

KenK
Take a good look at the oil pan bolts for loosness.It is very common for the bolts to come loose over a period of time.Which in case they have come loose,you will need to put a new pan gasket on.

johny
Hi Mike i don't have a solution for you but i do have a request please i have the same tractor as yours and i need a wiring diagram to connect up the charging system as someone has done some alterations and disconnecting any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS in advance john@x.net.au

badcars
just a thought, may want to check the crankcase vent. if it is clogged oil will find a way out under pressure. you mat need a seal but clean out the pcv system and save future problems. just a thought, badcars