Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good timing?

Kent

Got the HB-216 tuned and serviced over the weekend, and mounted the snowcab off a 7000-series on it, and put the HD dozer blade on the Big Ten. Ran out of time to get any further... I just came in from mounting the 42" snowblower on the HB-216 and getting it all adjusted tonight. Good thing I don't care too much about how these things look, only how well they work -- I now have an orange Simplicity cab and an orange snowblower on a yellow tractor.... Crunched through a dusting of snow on the way back into the house -- they're saying only a 1/2" or so, but at least I feel ready now -- and don't have to worry about what I wake up to....

They keep predicting it here but we havent seen any yet. I dont use a blower but I got 2 plows mounted and ready. this will be the first year I try ags and wheel weights instead of chains and rear weight. Looking forward to that part but not the rest of it. LOL

Have the chains on the 2110 but thataas far as I've gotten. Should have my J-bucket to play with by the end of the week so I'll wait to put the blower on. The blower is under the bottom shelf in back of the refridgerator,welding table, a couple of transmissions,a couple of mower decks and two engines right where I left it last spring.......LOL

I might have blown it. Been getting buy fine with my prettied-up 725 and blade, half inch here and there, build up a burm almost to high to get much more over. Tonight we re on the west edge of a storm that is suppose to dump 12 -20 inches in Haines, if it keeps curling back, thats where we get our snow from, my blower is still under the semi-van and its blownin and snowing nasty out..OOPs MPH

I gave up on the lawn about a month ago and have been waiting for a little white stuff just to try my electric spout rotator :D

Very good sticker Kent!,Got a dusting here overnite I STILL say no plowing//throwing till 12/14!,,Now that you have everything ready to go we won't get any snow!lol,,.I have my big 10 with a 725 thrower on it,not color co-ordinated either,,no diesel snow- fun this yr.,, sold the thrower last spring,

Just got done reading your post, Kent, thinking I was lucky nothing hit here. Went to the OPM site to look somthing up, and I noticed how dark the house had gotten.... Looked outside and- DUOH!- the ground is almost covered! How's things up there now? The TV says New England is getting hit pretty good....

Kent, bet it sure look interesting but works like a horse :) darn i had to wrap up my little putt putt til next year, no playing in the snow for me this year. ugh. I will have tractor, mower deck, blower and tiller ready to go next summer. But things will be different next year :) Cant wait for next years snow LOL LOL

We are supposed to get dusted tonight and tomorrow, but no forecasts for the first Killer storms yet.....

No snow yet here in Northeast Ohio on shore of Lake Erie but think I am ready for it. Blower on the B-112 this year and plow on the B-212 and plow on Simplicity 3112V. And for the real heavy stuff have snow plow on the old 1942 Jeep. Bring on the snow...

jeese with all the posts the last two months, I thought all you guys were sitting pretty w/two snowblowers and three blades apiece at the ready. It takes so long for the NAA hydraulics to heat up it's been easier and faster to use the augerbit push 26" cub cadet snowblower. Especially as the snow is wet and driveway's not frozen yet. yipes! it never occured to me that it was really ok to use this stuff (snowblower) and get a tractor soaking wet. do you guys really get your tractors wet? PS we had 6" of lake effect snow in two hours Friday night...

"do we get em' wet?" You bet I do, what do you do, pay the neighbor boy to shovel? ha-ha! I just picked up a thrower for the 738 last week, got it on now. Gotta put rear wheels on, weights and chains yet. heard something about inch or two on friday, not enough to fire it up though.

We have a winter storm watch that suppose to start Thursday evening and end Friday evening in northwest Ohio. Suppose to dump 6-8 inches of snow. Looks like it's time to get Landlord,Yoeman,and Cub Cadet ready for snow. Weatherman said parts of Iowa got 8 inches of snow today.

yes, I heard about that snow papa, over here in NE oh. patrick, my 728 bought in 84, is one of my favorites. has done yoemen duty around here, have a snowblower for it, since then too. never used it yet, keeping it pretty, for the hall of fame. Let me know how yours works, maybe I'll try mine.