Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ive got a busy winter ahead of me...

Forgefan

I just got my Broaddmoor back from the painters. I have a 1951 Massey Harris that was my grandfathers that i am restoring and my wife just bought me my Christmas present. A rollaway tool cabinet! I think i'm going to live in the garage this winter.

Model 44 Gas Row Crop with 7' Sickle Mower that were both purchased new by Granddad. The 44 had been sitting stored on a rebuilt engine for 27 years. We pulled it out did some minor cleaning, changed fluids, points, plugs and wires. A gallon of fresh gas and a new battery and she started up. [img]/club2/attach/forgefan/Rebirth.jpg [/img]

Thats me (the taller one) and My oldest brother in the second picture the day we brought it home. I live in the City so you can imagine the looks I'll be getting once its freshly painted and running.

Here are the pictures from this summer when I bought the tractor and my son and I did the tear down on the Broadmoor. I'll snap some pictures tonight of the repaint.

I think I either need a bigger garage or a smaller hobby. Anyone up for Ships in a bottle?

Looks like fun forgefan. Great to do this kind of stuf with your son, my grandson was over here and saw my restoration and got all excited. Well he one years old and gets all excited at about anything. I just painted the back half of my 101 today and i think i better open up the house and air it out some befor my wife gets home from work. Im a little high on the fummmmmmms. Hay i got a idea, maybe a Simplicity tractor in a bottle.

Great looking toolbox. Coveted them myself. I was cutting across country in september and I spotted toolboxes beside the road with Free written on them. Just barely got them in the back of the old mercedes station wagon, pushing aside the others that stopped too late and found out they were snapons.

I think there is nothing wrong with the size of our hobby but I know everyone suffers from the to small garage problem!

Update on all the goin's on... Got home last night around 7 and started moving tools into the cabinet. Got that all done around 9 and worked until midnight re-assembling some of the simplicity. I took the exploded views from "techpubs" and enlarged them at kinkos to 18x24 and have them hanging on the wall opposite my tool chest right next to my assembly area. I will get some pictures up as soon as I can. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and words of encouragement.