Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4216???

Glacier

Did Simplicity make a model 4216? The reason I ask is I found one, with 42 inch deck, blower, vac system & cart. They're asking $1000 for the whole thing . Is it a fair price?? Jeff

Not to my knowledge. I think the largest 4000 series was a 4212. They made a 5216, though. It's a bigger tractor, and tiller-capable...

Don't see much interest in the 4000 series. Got my eye on a 4211 Hydro,haven't decided if I want to haul it home.

Eli & I just picked up a 4212 Hydro over the weekend from another club member. They really are excellent little mowers.... Not heavy/tough enough for much else, except run a snowblower.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Eli & I just picked up a 4212 Hydro over the weekend from another club member. They really are excellent little mowers.... Not heavy/tough enough for much else, except run a snowblower.
Kent, Drigon might take you to task, he, he.:D

Kent, You guys can correct me if I am wrong but I think the 5200 series did not take a tiller. You had to get into the 6200 series to till. The 5200 was just a larger frame tractor than the 4200 allowing for a bigger engine and mower deck. And yes the 4200 only went as large as a 12hp.

John, You may be absolutely correct about the the 5200 series not handling a tiller. I knew the 5008 and 5010 did, but I don't see where the 5216 did... Thanks for pointing that out!!