Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How do you attach snowblower to B112

TRAC TOR

The snow blower came with the B112,I can see where the belt goes,however I cannot figure the rest. Anyplace on this website with pics, I do not have time to get a manual,there is supposed to be a storm on the way.

I don't have pics showing how it hooks up, sooo, The two arms behind the blower attach to the same holes as the mower, blade, grader blade or any front attachment. The 'sq' notch in the hitch fits over the front axle and I use two 5/16 bolts to lock it in place. Then all you need is the lift rod hooked up. If you slide up to the front of the tractor, its pretty easy to see what goes where, least it was for me, before I found this buch here to ask questions too..If you need pics I'll try to get some in the morn. I'm in process of putting mine on.. MPH

Here's the Owner's Manua; for it -- and you won't have to download it: http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/snow_thrower/single_belt.htm

Thanks for the info guys, The pictures are going to help me figure where all of these extra parts go. I am going to try putting everything together tommorow,hopefully no parts missing. Another situation, the hydraulic lift,not sure if it even works. When I move the lever up,center or down, nothing at all happens. You guys are great! It's like having doctors on call at all times for my baby.......oops I mean tractor. Since I got the tractor I've been cleaning,painting and taking care of a few small problems.I should of been learning how to use the implements. Oh well,Here we are.

Got the blower hooked up! The hydraulic lift had no oil,now it seems to work fine, however it seems like the blower is too heavy for the lift. Well I have plans to use it in the down position at all times. Any ideal what I may have done wrong? Blizard? Now they are using the word blizard here in CT

The hydraulic lift should lift well over 200 lbs, if working correctly.... Did you cycle it a few times to make sure you'd bled all the air out of the lines, etc? Then, check the oil level again? Sounds like that might be the problem....

Since the lift was low enough not to work, feel I better ask, did you check the BGB and the tranny level?? Kent, what are these hydo lifts rate at? I looked through several of the whats new bragging of the introduction of them, but found no #'s. thanks.. MPH

Marty, I'm not sure what they're rated at... Never seen that spec. But, based on my Johnny Bucket experience without a rear counterweight they'll lift over 200 lbs, and with rear counterweights, close to 300 lb, I'd guess...

MPG, not sure what BGB means, is there a certain level for tranny fluid or do you just fill to overflow? The lift began to work on it's own, just an inch or two, maby it will get better yet. Hopefully the oil is just working its way through the system.

BGB, stands for bevel gear box. It is located at the back end of the driveshaft. When you raise the seat pan, you can see where the pulley with the drive belt is attached. on the rear of that gear box is a 45 degree steet elbow with a plug. it should be filled to the top of that with gearlub. On the tranny, behind and below the rear axle, on the right side of the tractor, there are two plugs, one at the bottom, thats the drain, one I'll guess about 3 inches higher, thats the fill LEVEL plug up near the top of the tranny,'bout behind the drive pulley is a tthird plug for filling it. If you fill it to that one you will have major oil leaks I'm sure. It be a good idea to run the tractor around some to warm up the gear lub, drain it, and put in new if you don't know the history of the tractor, that stuff may have been in there since 1968..I don't have much experiece yet with the Hydro lifts, seems a guy should bleed the air out of the system after changing it... MPH