Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
stavendirtbike

Simplicity 725 blower play

stavendirtbike
Hello, I did some last minuite checks on my 1962 simplicity 725 with the mounted 36'' 3-belt snowblower. This will be my first experience with a snowblower and tomarrow, Connecticut looks like it'll be getting some snow. I have replaced all the belts with new ones, greased the fittings, lubed chain, loctited some of the bolts that loosen with vibration. This thing spins real fast and looks dangerous lol. Anyways, the whole pulley system moves back and forth a few inches. Hard to explain but I can move the whole pulley assembly back and forth easily with my hands and when it runs at low rpms, it wobbles excessively but when applied with high rpm, it doesn't seem that bad. You 3-belt blower owners out there, is there suppose to be some play in the system and if so, how much? If not, where and what should I replace? Thanks, Gary

rokon2813
Ive never seen one running but I would guess by looking at that 3 belt system, Yes its going to move around some. It has several pivot points and nothing is mounted stationary. Kinda like trying to push a chain LOL