Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter weather advisory, may get to play tomorrow

SmilinSam

DES MOINES- DUBUQUE-HENDERSON-HENRY-HENRY-IOWA-JACKSON-JEFFERSON-JO DAVIESS- JOHNSON-JONES-KEOKUK-LEE-LINN-LOUISA-MERCER-MUSCATINE-PUTNAM-ROCK ISLAND-SCOTT-STEPHENSON-VAN BUREN-WARREN-WASHINGTON-WHITESIDE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... ALEDO... ANAMOSA... BETTENDORF... BURLINGTON... CEDAR RAPIDS... CLINTON... DAVENPORT... DUBUQUE... FAIRFIELD... FORT MADISON... FREEPORT... GALENA... HENNEPIN... INDEPENDENCE... IOWA CITY... KEOSAUQUA... KEWANEE... MANCHESTER... MAQUOKETA... MARENGO... MOLINE... MONMOUTH... MOUNT CARROLL... MOUNT PLEASANT... MUSCATINE... OQUAWKA... PRINCETON... ROCK ISLAND... SIGOURNEY... STERLING-ROCK FALLS... TIPTON... VINTON... WAPELLO... WASHINGTON... 310 PM CST THU DEC 4 2003 ... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT TONIGHT UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING... LIGHT SNOW WILL INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY EARLY THIS EVENING ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA. BY 9 PM... AN INTENSE UPPER LEVEL STORM WILL ALLOW MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW TO DEVELOP OVER IOWA. ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL SPREAD OVER ALL OF EASTERN IOWA... NORTHWEST AND WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS OVERNIGHT. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING... WHEN IT WILL TAPER TO FLURRIES FROM NORTH TO SOUTH. AREAS ALONG THE HIGHWAY 34 CORRIDOR IN SOUTHEAST IOWA AND WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS CAN EXPECT TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES. NORTH OF THIS AREA... MUCH OF EASTERN IOWA AND NORTHWEST ILLINOIS CAN EXPECT 2 TO 4 INCHES BY FRIDAY MORNING... WITH THE HEAVIEST AMOUNTS EXPECTED ALONG AND EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER.

We're getting a winter storm watch starting tomorrow night and continuing through Sunday morning. Possible accumulation of 6".... You can certainly keep it out there in the Midwest, if you want to make sure you have enough to play in... I wouldn't mind at all.

Connecticut = 8-10'' ! Good ol' New England. I get to try out for the first time, simplicity 725 with mounted blower. I hope all goes well.

We were right in the center of a large "Winter Storm Watch" as of last evening. This morning it was downgraded to a "Winter Weather Advisory". Now we're back to a "Winter Storm Watch". Time will tell. I'm waiting to see it the "41 days after a fog" tale comes true again. If so, we are in for a lot of snow from about Dec. 22nd through the 26th. Pat

Could be. Never heard that one before. Used to laugh at those old sayings when I was a kid, but they seem to be more accurate than today's meteorologists. Pat

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
We're getting a winter storm watch starting tomorrow night and continuing through Sunday morning. Possible accumulation of 6".... You can certainly keep it out there in the Midwest, if you want to make sure you have enough to play in... I wouldn't mind at all.
Aw gee and it was just about 12 months ago that eveybody in your direction so to speak couldn't wait to try out all their new found and hardly used machinery to do battle with 'Ole Man Winter'. But as the season wore on it seemed the ole man was dishing out more then the machinery could handle. What a differnece 90 days make, huh?:D:D

Bob, Every time I need a reminder, I just look at the pictures, and dream of when I can retire down to Tennessee... At least this year I get to "play in the snow" with a cab instead of a rain suit... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/Kent/Dcp00795.jpg[/img]

Only supposed to get less than an inch here northwest of St.Louis. Not enough to get out the blade but enough to make the morning drive to school awful.

Thought I heard on the news this morning someplace in Iowa got 12 inches. Figured there would be some stories tonight. Ain't gonna snow here, its 35 below again.. MPH

NUts! Places within 10 miles of us got 4" and all we got was an inch. Suuosed to warm up and rain into next week I guess now....

According to NOAA radar everything is pushing east out of IL into IN and rain is also forecast for WI part of next week.

We have a few inches on the ground this morning in Northeastern Md. They're saying the wraparound will dump about 6". Put the plow on last night, so tomorrow should be fun! Yeehaw!! (wish I had a blower to put on the 2110 Landlord) :D

Had a little white dusting on the ground last night along with some ice pellets. This morning it was all cold rain. Predicting another round of snow and freezing rain to come in this evening. Supposed to help my son move this weekend. Won't that be fun with snow on the ground.

In Lancaster County PA right now we only have 1-2", 3 or 4 by the end of the day. But tonight into tommorrow they are calling for 6-12" depending on whether you are north or south in the county. I spent last night using the fire wrench, bending the mounting tab on my 46" dozer blade back to where it should have been. Then I had to find and shorten a set of chains. Now I'm set to plow with my 716-6. The Big Ten with a Early 36" single belt blower is a different story. Had it mounted and bent up a lift rod two weeks ago, thought I was doing good. Well last night after having to flip the drive pulley around, and trying to run it I smoked the belt. The idlers seen very close to the frame, and don't spin freely. I guess tonight I will try to get that together. Any major things to watch for when adjusting blower drive? Thanks GregB

Missed us too. Shovel and broom cleanup is all. Ain't complaining though. I can maybe find enough to push around with the blade if I get too antsy. Pat

We got 2-3 inches here in central Iowa,some really wet stuff.Bladed it all at home but used the 3-belt blower at work.Had to unplug it a few times,but was really surprised how well it did.

East Tennessee has a forecast for snow flurries. Hope they are wrong. I won't mind testing the Subaru in the snow but I really do not want snow. Snow is cold, slippery, and doesn't run off like rain. Y'all Yankees have fun in the snow. 8o)