Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Waiting for some snow..

mowerman1193

Not really...just getting tractors ready today and moved half of them out to do some cleaning in the barn,thought I would take a picture seens I had the camera with me after getting a couple shots of my new light brackets on my 728...I probably wont mess with installing any of the other tractors with snow equipment...if they are all broke at the same time I will get my uncles dozer out:D:D [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/mowerman1193/SnowFleet.JPG[/img] Hope I have enough weight on this Broadmoor 728 this year... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/mowerman1193/weights.JPG[/img]

Good lookin fleet. Bet you'd find it worth the time spent if you took a peanut grinder and wire brush to your blade, then painted it up. I'm still amazed at how much better the snow slides off mine. It looked about like yours.. MPH

Good lookin' fleet Kevin. I think you've got that 728 weighted down pretty good. I've been lookin' for another donut and some rear wheel weights for my 738, but no luck yet.

Man Kevin I didn't realize you had all that weight where are you going to put the donut weight that your getting from me????? :D:D By the way out of all your tractors, How many have I found???8D8D Just messing with ya.... out of all those tractors one of them should work, If not I'll stop by with the Sportsman 500 H.O..... LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Agricola
Are the tires filled on the Broadmoor? Heck, with my lead butt, you could get rid of most of those weights.
No I didn't fill the tires,I thought about it but I am sure this is enough here for now...Next year when I get my 717 done I may split up some of the weights and then load the tires...after all I need to teach the tractors how to share and I need to be a good example:D
quote:
Bet you'd find it worth the time spent if you took a peanut grinder and wire brush to your blade, then painted it up
Thats what I did about 8 years ago and I only got primer on it before I had to use it...never did get that job finished and thats why it looks that way again...At the time it was the only tractor I had...I bought the others to take its place while I restored it and ended up restoring a couple others instead...When the Broadmoor gets back together that Wheel Horse is next...put it off too long...
quote:
Man Kevin I didn't realize you had all that weight where are you going to put the donut weight that your getting from me?????
I will put the yellow weight back on the Landlord rear lift...
quote:
By the way out of all your tractors, How many have I found???
Only two of those in the picture you found for me...but we wont talk about the other 4 tractors in the barn...:D:D

I have my snow blower mounts made, but haven't fabricated the belt drive system. Found one tire chain, but can't find the other. Tractor is currently sitting in front of the garage with the blower half attached and about a half inch layer of snow on it. Murphy's Law?

:DRod, As the snow was falling, I got the Ford running, plow frame and plow on and chains on.:D ;)I think it's the last year for the Ford, be re-build time for it next summer. And set the 410S up for snow.