Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tractors101

720 diesel update

tractors101
Hello everyone, We got some more work done today on the 720 diesel project, its coming along slowly but nicely! It is now at the point where you can just hop on it, hit the ignition switch and it'll just start right up and drive it away. I drove it for a little while today just to see how its all working out... the diesel seems to have a lot of power, overall I'm very happy with the results so far. Unfortuneately it is still not done, the battery box is going to get totally redesigned, the oil cooler still isn't finished yet, and there are a bunch of misscilanious things that need to be finished. I guess that within the next 3-5 days we'll throw a mower deck under it and see how it goes:D. I was thinking of modifying the dash to be able to house 2 guages but decided to just leave it original. It has a water temp. guage, engine oil light, tranny oil light, and it'll also be getting a charge light. By the way, the muffler may look cool in the upright position but when your driving against the wind it sure does blow alot of exhuast fumes into your face, lol. Mark