Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

plow hitch for a 3012

tractorfreak3

tractorfreak3
where can i dig up info on what the plow snow\dirt hitch assy looks like i have three and none of seem compatable. is there a difference between a LL and a sovriegn hitch? Tim

Well depending on what year you are tallking about the LL and Sov were the same frame, tires and engine being the only difference. We have drill down a little farther to help you out. First of all how old of tractor.?

And which blade? The heavy-duty spring loaded one that's adjustable from the seat, or the snow/dirt blade that only manually adjusts to 3 different pin holes? On all the pre-1995 Landlords (when they went to vertical shaft engines), the Sovereign and Landlord used the same frame. However, the location of the lift arm is slightly different on the older front blade hitches (like the 3012) tractors than on the newer 7000 and 7100 series. First they were changed to clear the wider hood of the 3300/34007000 series, then I think the the lift arm was moved again to clear the longer nose of the 7100 series....

tractorfreak3
3012, a 1968? i have a economy blade and the heavy duty blade also. the hitch part of the blade looks as though it should fit where the deck is mounted however it is not quite wide enough. is there a piece i need between tractor and hitch?

No. It should fit right into the hitch pins. Sounds like the hitch may be off a smaller framed tractor, such as a 6000 series Broadmoor or something. They were narrower than the Large Frame Tractors... You could likely modify the hitch by cutting and moving the hitch points out farther and welding them back. Make sure the lift arm will clear the hood when the blade is picked up for transport position. I wasn't aware that there was a HD blade available for the smaller frame tractors, but there easily could have been, especially later when all of them were made of lighter materials. The old-style HD dozer blade is heavy -- over 100 lbs.

No adapter that I know of for that tractor. The two "arms" on the hitch should be if I remember correctly about 11 inches apart. If they are closer, like 9" then you have broadmoor (or similar small frame) hitches. If the hitch arms have what looks like a piece of pipe welded to them that the pins go through, then you may have a 300 or 400 series hitch.

tractorfreak3
well' i think i have a farmer joe hybrid the blade and hitch weigh 95 lbs there are no springs anymore, the pivot is there, i have 10 and a half inches beween i also noticed now where it looks as though a bar was removed towards the rear of the hitch looks like it was modified to fit something else. guess i'll have to modify it back. :)

sounds like somebody sqashed it a tad to fit something else. Try strtching it a little and it should work.