Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10

richp

My B-12 and B-112 both have black transaxles. The B-10 I bought for $5.00 missing the engine, hood, and grill, has a yellow transaxle. Does this indicate that it is an early 9hp B-10. Does any one else have a yellow transaxle on their AC.

Tim:
My B-10 also has a yellow transaxle, (although it's currently wearing gray primer due to restoration) and it's a 64' model with the 9-horse Briggs. Hope this helps. Tony

Hi Tim, although my 63-64 landlord-308 is not an Ac like your questioning about my landlord is the same basic tractor. It came with a 9hp engine. This may not help you but I put my nickle's worth in anyway. Your ole pal and buddy-jackl

Jack, Only the B10's made prior to the Big Ten were 9hp. The ones made after that were 10hp and I read that the last B10's may have been "11hp", there I go mentioning that 11hp again I just don't know what possesses me to do that. Your confused friend Tim

• 1 month later...
I have a B-10 that was made in 1970 (according to the serial # search that a local AC dealer did, I can't verify what he told me) and it has a yellow transaxle. The dealer also said that it is an 11hp engine (I think it is about 5hp now!), but AC listed it as a 10 hp.