Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

ehertzfeld

Well now I'm ready! I got this cab from my boss. Its accually for a Sears Suburban. But a few nights working in the cold and I got it to fit my Landloard. Its not in too bad of shape. Few widows are cracked, but what do you expect for being 30+ years old. Oh the best thing is I got it for free!!!! Elon [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/cab.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/cab2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/cab3.jpg[/img]

Good deal Elon!! Perhaps a strip of duct tape over the sears logo.:D You should be almost as snug as a bug in there man. ;)How did you get the pics to work like that? I was ready to wander off when I discovered they were a link.

Looking good Elon.;) Free is good! Bet you can't wait for it to snow so you can play around in it. Now you're ready to go all night too.:D:D:p

Elon, That looks like it was made by the Original Cab Company -- same one that made the Simplicity.... Do you have chains? If not, you're gonna need a lot of weight in that box... and still will do a lot of spinning....

Joe I dont know why the pic's arnt there. It does that to me every time. after awille they just show up.lol I have no clue why. Good thinking on the duct tape!!! Maxtoman, it wasnt too hard. Its not perfect but It will do for now. I think over the summer Im going to make it better. Also I going to get new windows put in. At some point I'll take some pics and post them. Elon

Looks good Elon BTW if you edit your post so that the pic info looks like this the pics should show. 8D[img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/photodesciption.jpg[img]

Kent, Yeah the cahins are on. Just caint see them with the cab on. I put 6 gallons "each wheel" of washer fluid in the tires. Im the box I got some broken cinder blockes. Im going to put my gas can in it as well. I hate to be at the bottom og my 750 foot driveway and run out of gas!lol I have the orignal owners manual fgor the cab. It dosn't say who made it other than Sears. Elon

Sounds like you're ready then... Now the fun part of trying to figure out where to put all the snow! BTW, the pictures mysteriously show up because someone (usually Maynard) fixes them... he's the "magiician behind the curtain..." :D

Oh well in that case let me apolagize to Maynard and say a thank you. Maybee one of these days I get it figured out. Elon

Nice cab Elon! Enjoy! We just got hit with 5" of 'lake effect' this afternoon in NE Oh and the trusty 21" Cub Cadet, all steel, 9" open auger (not drum), same as (Simplicity/Toro2450) 4.5-5 Hp 2-stroke, torque monster Tehcumseh, did the job. Think all three brands made by Toro?? I use my 4XL Lands End 'snow cab' coat to cover up the pusher motor (me). Yep, we were throwing snow 20+ feet. Driveway not frozen yet, and is too crowned and damaged to use a wider blade or s-blower. So get ready Elon, it's heading East!! PS check out a winterizing kit for carb and gas cap. You can make one up.

Ok I figured how to get the pic's up. I just feel bad for Maynard having to fix my screw ups all this time. I wish he would have told me that I was doing it wrong. I would have spent the time to figure it out a long time ago. But thank you Maynard.

I made it ikipp, I put a ramp om my taller. the sides of the box was the left over from that. I used 1/8 inch angle to make the frame. Works pretty good if I do say so my self. lol Elon