Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

jdschool

Late model Sovereign-What Snowblower & Hitch???

jdschool
It's been a long time since I visited the site... Does anybody have the serial numbers of the snowthrower that fits on a 1997/8 Sovereign and more importantly, what hitch fits it? Also, if one of you has a picture of that hitch it would be invaluable. Thanks in advance for the help. DIE YOU COWBOY DOGS - GO EAGLES!!

PhanDad
The hitch designed for the late model Sovereign's is model #1690557. It's the one that uses the long belt from the cone clutch pto. Sorry, no pic. The model number of the snowblowers are 1691521 (36") and 1691522 (42"). Most any single belt snow thrower can be made to work on the Sovereign with some modifications to the original supplied items (hitch, belt, and pulley size).

roma3112
Jd the previous post is correct I have a 2000ish Sovereign and put the 42in blower on it from my 1969 3112h. The front hitch kit included all you need, the lift rod, belt and misc hardware. The one thing i had to change was that on my 42in blower (from the 3112h)the drive pulley was too small in diameter soo the included belt was too long, i had to replace the blowers pulley with the larger one and the belt fit perfect. The older blower had a belt guard that encircled the blower drive pulley, this had to be removed inorder to fit the larger dia drive pulley. I jerry-rigged some steel rod to serce as a belt guide to keep the belt in place. Unfortunately i am at work and dont have access to any part#'s for you right now but i will se what i can dig up later on. take care john