Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Found a tractor

DaleC

Found a 5216H this week. The orginal motor was gone and a 12hp IC set in it place. Does anyone know what the Model and Numbers for the orginal 16 two cyclinder would have been. He want 140 and I am thinking of offering 100. Although I never tried it out It has a new battery and new belts. He said everything worked great. Oh, by the way. It has a 48" deck. This may be just what I have been wanting to mow with. Hydro and 48" deck. Help me out with the right #'s for the original motor and I will be very grateful. (briggs) He said that the 12 did a good job. Poor fellow was going to have to move due to two heart surgerys and one lung surgery in the past year. 40 yr old and is working life is over the doctors say.

According to the Engine Reference, below, it was a Brigg 402707 Type 0132-01 http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/engine/1984_update.htm

quote:
Originally posted by DaleC
Hey Kent, Will this RBT ruin me with my FDTs? LOL
Not as long as you call it a mower instead of a tractor... :D]

Good deal Dale! I agree with Kent,"as long as you call it a mower". I take it the motor is a vertical shaft? Sounds like a nice addition to your fleet. Larry

Hmmm, the way this post is going Dale, maybe you need to edit your title to' I found a mower'. Hope you enjoy the machine no matter what you call it. MPH

Boy, This is a rough crowd!! It is a tractor since I own it and with an original 16 hp. it should be a beast. And, it is a hydro. Be kind. I broke over and got an Orange and White and it is unfortunate that it is a RBT. Harley foot pegs. Hmmmmmm.

Dale it sounds like you have a winner. Don't let our good natured ribbing bother you much. We get kind of bored when winter sets in, then kind of looney from "snow fever" LOLOL By the way,if you are still interested in the Ariens tiller, we can work something pretty painless out I'm sure. Larry

There is nothing like light hearted banter to recharge the soul and. . .ahh. I never took it any other way, Larry, than that we were "cutting up." I emailed small engine warehouse and ask about a replacement for the 16 briggs that is missing and they gave me a number 42d777 as the only replacement. It honestly looks like about any motor would fit. The 12.5 looks like it bolted right up. Any Ideas. I'll have to let you know about the tiller Larry, after the First of the year.

I've got a Briggs twin 16 sitting on the garage floor, no plans for it right now either..... but it's for a real tractor since it's got a horizontal crankshaft!! lol The only vertical I have is another 12 horse Briggs, maybe Dan could help you out?

Dunno Kirk, Maybe. I've got 3 16's sitting in the shed. Havent had time to even look at them though to see why they are out of the machines.

Dale I may have what you need for the 5216. Found a fellow in Taylorsville that has a barn full of engines and assorted stuff he needs to clear out. He bought the place and inherited this stuff with it. Says it looks like the former owner had a business in there with all the stuff. I'm heading that way this weekend to look it over and give him an estimate on cleaning it out. I'll let ya know. Larry

Dale, you are right, about any motor will fit, just might have to change the belt. There are quite a few different mounting holes on the frame for different engines, which could place the engine slightly forward or back. I think you will like it. I really like my 616 special hydro for mowing, and last weekend I plowed with it for the first time, (what a snap that was) with the hydro, and that twin cyl. 16 does have a lot of power to push the snow. IMO everyone needs at least one RBT in the collection. John

Hi, I have a good 16 or 18 in another tractor that will work. The hydro is bad and I'm going to junk the rest. I need to see for sure what it is, but I know it will work, and its not that old. I need to find out if it has the right muffler. I think I can come up with what you need. Need to get it in and start it, has been stored [inside] for 3 years. Will do some checking. Where do you live? Curious about shipping. Let me get back to you. Al Eden