Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

whats it

harebare

Guys its one of my other toys, Its a 53 chevy shaved, decked frenched headlights and taillights, Stock six banger with split manifold for an unforgetable sound that can't be lost forever. keep the old stuff around. Just like my wonder-boys.

Hey, I was right, could tell by the quarter panel. I had a 57 Chevy, 235 6cyl with split header and 3 strombergs, sounded real cool too!

When I was a teenager (~14-15) ~ 1973-4 I used to work on a '53 chevy 4 door, even then I was a dreamer. JH ps I never got it running but spent many an hour working on it.

That old "Blue Flame" 235 was a tough motor. I had one in a '62 Chevy pickup. Only problem was that I wanted SPEED! Top end was literally 70 "going down hill with a tail wind", but the thing would pull a house down, if I could get enough traction.

I had a 52 coupe but I'm thinking 216 maybe ? Been a very long time. Also had a 54 5 window pick up with a 235. Like them Chevys !

I used to reassemble the Chevy 6's for farmers that took them apart and couldn't get them reassembled. They would tow the truck to where I worked will all the parts in the bed. Lost count of how many I have done. It was fun.

I picked up a 54' Chevy 210 with a 235 2 years ago from my wifes uncle. Had been in her family since new. Took some work and a few new parts but runs pretty good now. Still 6 volt and has the original radio in it. Not much music left on the AM Dial Mike

I cannot tell a Chevy story. How does that Wonderboy handle the snow? Without the Deck, that is a cool looking unit. Makes me want to find one.

the Wonder-Boy handles well in the Show, The newer one tires are knobbed, the older WB had smooth tires and would slide.