Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leaving The AC Garden Tractor Club.

Jason

:( It was nice to meet some of you guys, in my short time on this site, however I just found out about the dues, and I can't afford to pay them, because I have a Garden Tractor to pay off and alot of other things to put money towards. I appreciate the comments, and It is unfortunate that a young teen like me, has to leave because I can't afford the club dues, starting Jan 1st 2004. Take Care. JB

You will never find a book with the personalized knowledge thats on this site for 10 bucks Jason, might think about it..Write it off as a bussiness expense.. MPH

Jason, ;)I forget what the other option was called, registered user, I think. Why not stick around that way untill your able to join as a paid member? Still not sure what the differance will be, but should keep you in touch.

Here's my opinion, and it's not meant to be offensive. If I had to I could raise $10 in bottle returns. Ten dollars is a tank or two of tractor gas or the cutting out of candy bars and convenience store coffee for a week. Victor Frankel, a holocaust survivor, summed it up in his book "Mans Search for Meaning". Paraphrasing Mr. Frankel - "he who has a why, can overcome any how". I rarely find something worthwhile for nothing so I chaulk my pre-membership time here up as lucky bonus. When something is important to me and I want to have or keep it, it boils down to this: How bad do I want it? Do I need it? What will I do for it? This site has provided me all kinds of very practical information and guidance. Like you Jason, I am young in the fixing it up aspect and look to the more mechanically mature people for help. Besides the help, I have found this site to be so much more than just mechanical know-how when I start meeting the people who make it what it is. We have Doctoral knowledge here at this site, and one Doctor visit would run me far more than the price of one years' membership dues. I think I get a large return for a small investment here. I wish the stockmarket had such amazing returns...

This site was worth way more than $10. one day last winter when, with snow falling at about 1" an hour, I had a lift switch go on my AC710. A quick message on the board here and someone suggested that Radio Shack would have the exact switch I'd need. The Radio Shack switch cost about $8. whereas the Simplicity switch would have been close to $30., with a 2 week wait! Needless to say, I got my driveway plowed out with the Radio Shack switch I was able to purchase before all of the stores were closed by the storm. The guys here have knowledge that will get you out of jams quickly, cheaply and more importantly, with wit and true comradery. Don't let something like two and a half cents a day keep you from that knowledge.

Jason, Lets say you bought a 1986 Audi Fox. Its riddled with mystery and trouble. Do you think you could set down with a knowledgable mechanic, buy a comprehensive manual, or quiz another owner over and over for 10 bucks? Think about it.... A typicall CD.....15$ A pack of smokes... Beer....... Hot dogs... ........:D

Your Right, I will need to find out how to pay the dues over the internet when the time comes to that. Take Care JB

quote:
A typicall CD.....15$ A pack of smokes... Beer....... Hot dogs... ........
multiply x2 if you live in Alaska. (is that correct Marty)

Im going to have to leave as well. Its been a short time here but this site is full of knowledge. I can not even afford a cup of coffee nowadays

You guys are worrying way to early, you got till the end of January at least to pay dues. Who knows, maybe youll get a christmas card with $10 in it or put a subsription on your christmas list....

is the due canadian money or is it american money. I might be able to pay, but i dont really see a point at the moment since i dont have a simplicity or a AC tractor. I have a craftsman, maybe 2 canadianas and a homelite

1. The dues will be $10 US. 2. You won't get kicked off the site if you don't pay dues -- you just won't be able to access all the things you can today... 3. See the post at the top...

Hi, Will I still be able to post pictures of my Agco 1920H, once the new rules come in place, or will that just be limited to people who pay their dues? Thanks Jb

Hi, I am sorry that some of us are unable to see the value of this site. Even if you don't have a Simplicity or Allis, all of the engine info is available, and various questions about other brands have surfaced and all seem to have been willing to address them. The comraderie of this site is unparalleled. Keep in mind that Kent started this site and has spent hundreds and hundreds of hours to build it and get and keep it going. He has bought software, hardware, server time, site registration costs etc, etc. Those of us that use it at no cost to us really need to stop and say thanks for the free gifts we have had. It is not like someone is trying to make a fortune out of it. It should not be a drain out of someones pocket so several thousand of us can enjoy it. It is less than most CDs cost and 100,000 times more enlightening. If I thought that someone has a computer and internet access and absoutely could not come up with 10.00 for a year of educational entertainment, I would donate their dues. It just who"s Ox gets gored and where one's priorities are. Thanks again Kent and all that have made this such a great site. I feel better paying something than just going along for the ride. My 2 cents worth and its free, value accordingly. Al Eden

Gee Doug, only one of them habbits I can reply to anymore is smokes are 4-5 bucks/pack. Hot dogs at a basket ball game I think of as a donation to the class selling the junk, one of the last few 'free enterprizes' act allowed in school. MPH

DO these guys know that its $10 a year? I think for the information and friendship form the members of this club, one could dig up the $10. Here is a few ideas. Look under the couch cushins. Look in your car's ash tray. For you kids, ask your parents. "Gee this sounds like a nice xmass present" Look any were coins would fall to. I just think any one who puts the effort into these tractors, would do anything to stay a member to a club that idolizes them. I know I do. I have two kids with my exwife. Yes she took me to the cleaners when we got divorced. on top of paying child support, My new wife and I just bought our house last year. For all thouse who have had there houses a long time mite rermember there fist few years. Money is tight, very tight. There are a lot of unknowns. In our firt month our well pump went. That cost us over $1000. Ya never know what will go next. We are doing ok, but the money we have/make is spent very carfully. I will have to do what I suggusted above. I know I'll find the $10. Remember its $10 a year!! Just my thoughts Elon

maxtorman1234
It is really worth the 10$ a year. My parents are willing to pay the dues for me:D. I have gotten far more than 10$ worth of information. I have found ways to get engines running, fix a leaking hydro($300-$400 properly)and many other things. I would try my hardest to get this money. Its worth it!

If you really honestly cant afford $10 for a year pick up some pop cans. Seriously though, New York State has a minimum mandatory child support payment. It's $25 a month. I personally know 2 different people who were told by 2 different judges, "You can pay $25 a month picking up cans on the sides of the road" Granted, thats a lot of cans but $10 a YEAR is nothing. Everyone knows someone who hates to recycle, offer to take their cans back for them for half. Most will give you all of it just to avoid the hassle. My point is theres lots of ways to come up with 10 bucks and youve got 2 months to do it. School kids; brownbag it once a week or give up the icecream desert at school once a week. Offer to rake the nighbors lawn for a few bucks, or offer to do it free. When I was younger I found if you do something for an elderly person for free, the tip is usually more than you would have gotten had you charged them. And the real treat besides what you get from this site will be the proud feeling you get from doing it yourself. Take it from someone who bought his own first bicycle at 8 years old, doing chores on a farm. That bike was better cared for and lasted several times longer than any bike anybody ever gave me.

Guys, it comes out to 83 cents a month. A can of coke cost more than that.I don't want to sound nasty but if you can't afford 83 cents a month than you probably can"t afford to put gas in your tractor either... You can plow a persons drive or mow grass for the money. When I was a kid I used to love snow storms because I would make alot of money shoveling snow. I never see kids doing that around here anymore. I know of a few younger members here make money with their tractors, you could too. Who knows where it could lead you. You could even start making money for your 1st car...

Considering that everyone's finances are different,i haven't been able to work for over 2 months and looks like it may be a few more,the Insurance Co. paid the hospital about what i make in 2 years--i will have to quit the gun club after all these years,,the point is i can't put a dollar value on the help and info i've gotten from this club.mike

quote:
Originally posted by JimV
When I was a kid I used to love snow storms because I would make alot of money shoveling snow. I never see kids doing that around here anymore.
Thats because they have video games now :D8D I don't think I have met a young fella that even knows what manual labor is...And yes these tractors have taken alot of my manual labor away too...Well I shouldn't pick on the young ones because I know alot of adults this way too....

Hey guys, My 17 year old son is trying to raise $2400 to go on a soccer trip to Holland and Germany in the spring. He and one of his teamates have decided to shovel roofs, clear sidewalks, and driveways, and other odd jobs this winter to raise some cash. When he came to me with the idea I told him I would kepp the trailer blowed out this winter and they could use it and my 7116 (when I get the engine rebuilt) with blower to do their jobs. If you are on this site because you have a L&G tractor with a blade or blower maybe you can use it to raise a few dollars to pay your dues. If not talk to Mom and/or Dad about how you could earn some extra dollars around the house. I know my son's grandparents will gladly pay them to rake, shovel, sweep, or whatever needs doing just because it teaches them values. They usually refuse to accept it and end up with a chocolate frosted cake and milk as payment. If you really want to be a dues paying member think long and hard. You'll come up with something. I would guess that it was nessecity that led you to Simpletractors.com so I think nessecity will drive you to find a way to pay $10 dues. As far as how to get the money to the treasurer you just need to raise an extra dollar and go to the post office or a Walmart and get a money order for $10 and mail it in. Good luck, guys. Stan