Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Road trip

MDB

Took off this morning to go up to Bunkys place to pick up a parts tractor that I had bought from him this fall. Had a good trip, got to meet Bunky and talk tractors and see his collection. It is always nice to meet club members and put names with faces. That is one of the great things about this club, all of the nice people that you meet. Thanks again Brian8D

Good deal Mike. I've missed a couple of chances to meet some of the gang. I drove within a few miles of Kenny(goatfarmer) last winter while making runs to northern Indiana and was almost that close to some other Hoosier members. Not a lot of us here in Kentucky but I hope to meet DaleC this spring if not before. Some day I might make it to Portland for the big show and see a bunch of you. Larry

Larry I think you should make it to Portland as it is the same weekend as Dayton.I have been making it on fridays for the last 4 years now and it is a lot of fun.I met 1 member last year and the year before I meet someone from Sandy lake.I just wish I could reamber all there names.Bob

Mike,you would of had a chance to meet me as well if my wife would of been home...but I couldn't see getting my 8 month old son out in the cold and he is also not feeling well (cold and teething)...Brian is a good fella,he and I went to school together...I live just around the corner from him and I usually go to his house when he has one of the members coming over...I met Kirk and a few of the local members over at Brians place... Sorry I missed you this time...I always like to meet up with the others as well....

Larry, Bob I think we sould figure out a time to meet at Portland this Spring, that is a really good swapmeet and a good place to meet other club members. Mowerman, I understand about not wanting to bring your son out in this cold weather, Maybe we will meet the next time I get up that way or maybe see you at Portland this spring...8D

See what happens because of the site. You meet some nice people who have the same interest in saving these great tractors and stuff.

Yes I Agree with trying to meet at portland this Spring, We did this a Hickory Corners with the Gathering of the orange and the Big Farm Tractor forum I belong to... It was fun they even shot a groupd picture... So when it gets closer to Portland we need to set something up.... It was nice meeting you Mike, And your Friend Hope he joins the club.. I also like to meet members and put a face with a name...

Mike I like that idea. Since Bob and I are both ham radio operators and the Dayton swapmeet is the same weekend, Friday sounds like the best bet to me because I know Bob will head for Dayton Saturday and I will too. Larry

Hey!! I have some family in Hickory Corners!! Do you know of the Lawrence farm? That's my uncle's place, my cousin runs it mostly now though.

Guys, If we could get something put together for Friday I think that would work for me if I'm not planting corn....

Yes I think Friday would be a Good day.... I never heard of the Lawrence Farms but I not real familiar with Hickory corners area...