Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Non Skid Foot pedals

MPH

Now I realize newer tractors have rubber pads on the pedals and those cumbersome running boards, but my 725 never did, don't know if OEM did or not, and a lot of you been out in your new snow with your prettied up tractors, so I thought I'd share what I did..Bought a can of spray on dupli-color truck bed coating for 6 bucks and turned them new orange foot rests and clutch pedal black. Used it once since and I'm quite happy with the results. Now all I need is about 50 more tractors to use up the can.. MPH

Sorry, not a very good pic

Good idea Marty...I will have to bring my tractor over so you can do that to mine...that way you can use up the can, :D:D[:0]

Marty, do you think that will provide extra traction if I spray it on my snowmobile trailer? Turf tires will spin on the painted surface if it's wet, I'm not even going to try it in the snow without something to give better grip. Would spraying it on and then giving it a light dusting of sand work?

Kirk, Marty will have a better idea of the spray on bedliner stuff but I would think sand would be too fine? Your local home improvement store may have the paint with grit in it for concrete floors. The grit is much larger than sand and would work better. Also a good trick, find 2 old snowmobile tracks and bolt them to your deck tread side up. The rubber treads give even turf tires something to "bite" even with a dusting of fresh snow on it.

I kinda doubt it Kirk, its not that rough. Just enough to give my bunny boots something better then shinny paint. Not sure about sand seeding it as with most spray cans, its pretty thin. Have a set of ramps I made outta 2x12 with snowmachine track on them. Boy, was that tough on my worm drive skill saw cutting it in half. MPH

Marty,I decided its a little tooo far for the kids and I...I know I couldn't do it in a time frame like you do...with the kids anyway...Yesterday I was going to Walmart and told them to use the bathroom before we go...well it never fails...did'nt even get to the main road yet and my 5 year old daughter says "Daddy I have to go potty"...LOL

Kevin, I recall those days well, that what snow berms are for...I've made that trip with from 4 month olds on up, its much more fun when 2 of them are old enough to drive..Its really too nice of country from Dawson Creek this way to drive this time of the year, can only drive 5 or 6 hrs a day if you want too see it. MPH